Sidan 6 av 25 FörstaFörsta 12345678910111213141516 ... SistaSista
Resultat 76 till 90 av 361

Ämne: Jocke's, Martin's and Sami's posts translated to English

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Some more posts from Jocke...

A large part of the demo material on this disc was recorded in the homes of the members before we took it into the studio.
    As anyone who has made demos and then later recorded them again, knows it is easy to stick with the sound you used on the demo.
    So, some keyboard, beats, guitar and in some cases the singing which we liked the mood of, we used on the disc.
    We also have taken homework from the studio. For example, "can you not make a nice arpeggio at home, since we didn't have time today" or "sing this chorus/ make a guitar/ bass/ keyboard recording at home with the same with the same sound you had on the demo".
    And so on.

-----------------------------

In response to posts and discussions about electronic music, and should instruments sound like they are meant to, Jocke posts this...

Since we released albums before forum discussions on the internet existed, I can surely say (and have said many times before) that this has happened with every album release since Isola.

People have had opinions on kent's "development" since. When Hagnesta Hill was released guestbooks were filled with comments about the new cold, hard electronic sound that we called this new kent album.

I guess that they were upset that we moved on or... accustomed themselves. Now many agree that HH is their favourite and claim that THIS is the real kent. The real kent is the music we make just now, then and always.
    There is room for everything.
    But, we can only do what we like.
    We can only do what we think is fun and challenging for ourselves.
    Then if the blips and blops or results of the screeching feedback are uninteresting for us as long as we think it is good music.

You may of course think what you want about what we do, but give the "new" a chance.
    We liked "kent" and the sound more than anything else on the earth when it was released.
    Now we make something which perhaps sounds different, but was made with the exact same principles as then.
    We have only broadened our taste a little.
    It is something that you will never regret.
    Din't diss (as in disregard) something because you don't usually like it.

I learned to love pistachio nuts this way.
    That kind of thing!

-------------------------
    In response to a comment questioning if kent should play old and new songs together (live)

I think it is fun if there is room for both.
    Old and new.
    It is....exciting to play songs back to back, as you say.
    The summer tour the previous year was really good fun because we mixed really old and really new.
    We realised that as long as you still the songs, it will be good.
    It becomes hell putting the setlist together.
    Senast redigerat av stjärnor den 2009-10-07 klockan 10:29. Anledning: typo's!

Erfaren medlem kallt kaffe med sockers avatar
    Reg.datum
    May 2002

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av stjärnor Visa inlägg

In response to a comment questioning if kent should play old and new songs together (live)
    I wrote that one (that Jocke replied on) and I think it could be misunderstood. Let me just say that I've seen Kent live since 1995 and I didn't mean that they shouldn't play older songs (from the first albums) live in 2010. I would, on the opposite, be disappointed if so were not the case.

Old and new (and inbetween, of course), that's the best mix.

Let's say that Kent will play 20-22 songs live. 7-8 is from Röd and a couple from TTS, then half the setlist is occupied. Doesn't seem like an impossible scenario. I love the old records as well, but I don't like that some people pretty much want 100% old songs. Of course I want old songs as well, but for the 2010-shows I'm damn interested in the forthcoming album and to hear those songs live.
    Senast redigerat av kallt kaffe med socker den 2009-10-07 klockan 10:43.
    Och jag lämnar inga fotspår ens i sand...

Smile

Thanks for going through all the trouble to translate and please, KEEP EM COMING!

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av kallt kaffe med socker Visa inlägg
    I wrote that one (that Jocke replied on) and I think it could be misunderstood. Let me just say that I've seen Kent live since 1995 and I didn't mean that they shouldn't play older songs (from the first albums) live in 2010. I would, on the opposite, be disappointed if so were not the case.

Old and new, that's the best mix.

Let's say that Kent will play 20-22 songs live. 7-8 is from Röd and a couple from TTS, then half the setlist is occupied. Doesn't seem like an impossible scenario. I love the old records as well, but I don't like that some people pretty much want 100% old songs. Of course I want old songs as well, but for the 2010-shows I'm damn interested in the forthcoming album and to hear those songs live.
    of course they should play the new stuff, that's the reason for the tour (promotion of the new album), and each new album will bring the band new fans who want to hear the songs that attracted them to the band.

all good concerts have a mix of old and new songs, and if you're lucky something a little different/unexpected thrown in as well.

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Another little post from Jocke (i missed this one when translating yesterday)

Someone asks when the band came up with the name 'Röd' for the album

The title appeared this summer.
    But the idea of ...playing with colour already came up in Berlin.
    The title was extensively debated.

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

a post from Jocke in a thread about scrapped songs/b-sides for Röd...

There will be no 'usual' b-sides with the singles this time.
    The songs which won't come with them, we have....another idea.
    Take it easy.
    Don't nag and endlessly speculate about this NOW, please.
    You haven't even heard Röd.

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

In the Töntarna thread, members were discussing the topics of songwriting.
    Jocke posted this...

You might have discovered the biggest problem with categorising texts.
    All the so called overall subjects link to one another.
    One cannot write about betrayal, for example but it is also about love, trust, faith, hope, etc.
    Once upon a time there was something called 'topical songs'. Storytelling, descriptive politial/ folk work songs about a specific event, so to speak.
    It was in this slot that Bob Dylan refused to be place in the 1960's. Very funny!

No one today writes a song only about work...growing carrots for example.

For me, Töntarna is about the following (without revealling anything specific):
    Love
    Courage/cowardice
    Abuse
    Friendship
    Youth
    Addiction
    Trust
    Revenge
    Falsifying a story - it is a cruel and comprehensive subject.

Edit: The point is, that it can be about all these things for me, but not for, say Sami.
    I know what events it describes/ beautifies/ uglifies/ falsifies.
    The other party in the story, a person who really exists and is in the text would probably describe the events totally differently, and maybe even call me a liar.

Alienation is really not a subject in any of my lyrics. (a reference to a review from the newspaper Aftonbladet which said Töntarna was about alienation)
    Never trust Aftonbladet.
    Senast redigerat av stjärnor den 2009-10-13 klockan 15:40. Anledning: spelling!

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

A member asked if the deluxe version on Röd was limited edition, Jocke answers (with just a hint of irony!):

No.
    Just this delxue version will have 34 million copies.
    We thought it would be...fun.
    The normal cd will have 16 copies.
    Very limited.

Erfaren medlem svantees avatar
    Reg.datum
    Jun 2006

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av stjärnor Visa inlägg
    A member asked if the deluxe version on Röd was limited edition, Jocke answers (with just a hint of irony!):

No.
    Just this delxue version will have 34 million copies.
    We thought it would be...fun.
    The normal cd will have 16 copies.
    Very limited.
    You forgot the last sentence, which are not that important, but still!

Jocke said: Seriously, What kind of a question is that?
    Senast redigerat av svantee den 2009-10-13 klockan 16:00.
    I swear by my Life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for the sake of mine.

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

ahhh, so I did, thanks!
    (note to self: don't answer the phone and translate at the same time!)

Medlem luckyguerin13s avatar
    Reg.datum
    Mar 2006

Standard

Thanks guys, for all the translations! You are awesome!
    bygg något vackert som krossar allt

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Ok, the second line in this post from Jocke makes a reference right back to an old post from another member in 2008- it would take a while to try and explain the whole thread, but for some reason the Jocke has posted again in the thread a couple of days ago. It's a thread about who was at kents' first concert, he says:

Right
    The nerd who sings and his manners. (that was originally written in English)
    The thing was, actually at this gig at Studio in Stockholm, someone threw a roll of toilet paper (!) Up on stage which hit me in the chest or thereabouts ...
    Of course, I became a bit annoyed and threw it back into the audience.
    Of course it hit a totally innocent girl, who was dancing to our music next to some of our friends, in the head.
    Hence, my bad manners.
    Senast redigerat av stjärnor den 2009-10-16 klockan 10:54.

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

A poster said that they haven't listened to Töntarna yet, and will wait for the album release. Jocke replies with:

Still think it is admirable.
    Part of the idea with releasing the single and album in this sudden way actually came from discussions we had about that.
    To avoid building expectactions of something on what someone else has said, or on a song which itself perhaps doesn't indicate a particular direction.
    The question is, if there isn't another way of expectation "celebacy"
    If you know what I mean...
    But the experiment is very interesting.
    Especially when you hear the single in it's right place in "the work".
    Promise that you will report what your first impression of the album is and what you thought about the single afterwards.
    Very, very curious.

And in reference to another post made by a difference member-

Incidentally, I agree with Frågg...
    The ignorance of electronic music always leads to people name dropping the only 2 bands they can compare...
    Anyone can hear that the song isn't Depeche Mode or Kraftwerk.

I am really no expert...
    I only wish that those who claim to be experts on... music could broaden their references a little.
    Senast redigerat av stjärnor den 2009-10-16 klockan 11:33.

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

a poster thinks that Jocke was referring to him, when he said "people who name drop" in the previous post, Jocke replies:

FYI (for your information), I didn't mean you, but the experts who sit on different newspapers around the country and do things.
    Everything isn't about you, you know.

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

It's being discussed in the Album 8 thread, 'how do you listen to a new album' Jocke comments:

I think that I have tried all the possible ways to listen to a newly awaited album, to hell with reading the lyrics the first time you listen.
    To check the booklet while you listen takes away a little focus from "the world" that you choose to be in, both when listening and playing music.
    Just reading the lyrics is to do them a disservice, but to read them to the music... the third time you listen is really nice.

To lie down in a dark 'bunk' in a travelling tour bus at 3 in the morning listening to a really new album, I can recommend.
    One of the few times it is enjoyable to ride the bus at all!
    But you don't need to hire a bus with beds...

It is enough to curl up with earphones in (not the bloody ipod earphones, proper GOOD earphones) in a quiet corner of the house. haha

in the comment about the ipod earphones, Jocke actually says "ipod-lurar utan feta" which translaters literally as 'ipod earphones without fat'- can a Swede make this sound any better in English?

I actually love listening to music in the dark- you 'hear' more of the individual sounds, as there's nothing for your mind to be distracted with.

Sidan 6 av 25 FörstaFörsta 12345678910111213141516 ... SistaSista

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •