Sidan 7 av 25 FörstaFörsta 1234567891011121314151617 ... SistaSista
Resultat 91 till 105 av 361

Ämne: Jocke's, Martin's and Sami's posts translated to English

Medlem luckyguerin13s avatar
    Reg.datum
    Mar 2006

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av stjärnor Visa inlägg
    I think that I have tried all the possible ways to listen to a newly awaited album, to hell with reading the lyrics the first time you listen.
    To check the booklet while you listen takes away a little focus from "the world" that you choose to be in, both when listening and playing music.
    Just reading the lyrics is to do them a disservice, but to read them to the music... the third time you listen is really nice.
    Well obviously for us non-Swedish speaking fans, we always have the enjoyment of listening to the song over and over before we know the lyrics and the translation of the lyrics.
    bygg något vackert som krossar allt

Standard

Meh I could care less what he's singing about as long as his voice is good. That's actually not completely true but you get the point. I've learned not to care with kent lyrics.
    reddit.com/r/UKbands

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

There have been a couple of posts from Jocke in the last week, I haven't got around to translating them, but this one yesterday caught my eye:

A member commented that kent seemed to have got this album ready really quickly, since J.Berg said in April in the Album 8 thread that they had just come back from the first session in Berlin. And now, nearly 7 months later, the album is ready, the tour is booked and big interview done.

Jocke replies:

We demoed the first song on the spring tour. 20080315, in the bus.
    Martin and I were in in NY for 6 days at the end of 2008 and pieced together six songs including one which was written from scratch.
    We also worked from home and did more demos.
    We rehearsed for three weeks before Berlin.
    We were 17 days in Meisteersaal. (Hansa studios?)
    The we had a little break and worked again from May until midsummer.
    Little summer break when people took the opportunity to accuse us of being too lethargic.
    Then we worked from the end of July until 'Töntarna' was released.
    Came home from Berlin about 2 today.
    Skavlan tomorrow, Friday and the weekend rehearse, rehearse, rehearse before all the stuff goes to America on Monday for Friday's launch party!
    Busy.

Reg.datum
    Mar 2006

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av SportfreundeFCkeane Visa inlägg
    Meh I could care less what he's singing about as long as his voice is good. That's actually not completely true but you get the point. I've learned not to care with kent lyrics.
    Lyrics mean A LOT to me. It is what makes the song. A good beat is great, too but I'm far more interested in lyrics.

Standard

Would anyone please be able to translate this quote? The translators don't work well for this. It's by Sami:

Man hittar det man söker efter i allting.Det är en annan sak jag undrar över,kan nån peka ut
    var det finns en bild på satan på omslaget.
    Jag har ett konstigt födelsemärke i hårbotten,det ser ut som tre 6r.Kan nån förklara det för mig?
    reddit.com/r/UKbands

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av SportfreundeFCkeane Visa inlägg
    Would anyone please be able to translate this quote? The translators don't work well for this. It's by Sami:

Man hittar det man söker efter i allting.Det är en annan sak jag undrar över,kan nån peka ut
    var det finns en bild på satan på omslaget.
    Jag har ett konstigt födelsemärke i hårbotten,det ser ut som tre 6r.Kan nån förklara det för mig?
    it goes something like this.... (is this from the 'Sataniska symboler' thread?)

You find it in everything in everything you look at. It is another thing that I wonder about, where on the cover (of the töntarna single, is what I think he means) is there a picture of satan?
    I have an odd birthmark on my scalp, it looks like 3 sixes. Can you explain that for me?

Reg.datum
    Mar 2006

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av stjärnor Visa inlägg
    it goes something like this.... (is this from the 'Sataniska symboler' thread?)

You find it in everything in everything you look at. It is another thing that I wonder about, where on the cover (of the töntarna single, is what I think he means) is there a picture of satan?
    I have an odd birthmark on my scalp, it looks like 3 sixes. Can you explain that for me?
    AHahahhaahah Sami is Damien Thorn?

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

A member posted a query on who wrote the songs for Röd (they haven't bought the album yet, they are listening on Spotify), as it says on the homepage that J Berg wrote all the music except for Töntarna. They thought that Berg & Sköld would work together more like on TTS. They ended their post with a PS- To Jocke, Good luck with the high note in Sjukhus in the winter/spring! Jocke replies:

Martin and I wrote everything together except the Intro, Sjukhus, Idioter and Det finns inga ord.
    I wrote those.
    When we write, we often put together 2 parts which we wrote at home and write a third, forth (e.g outro, intro, bridge) together on site.

For example, 'Hjärta' I had written what eventually became the bridge (which begins 'om jag fick regissera' & när du öppnar fönstret).
    Martin said that he perhaps had a part which worked as a verse or something (you don't always know what parts written will work in the song).
    It went with an different pace and tone, but we swapped and straight onto it I wrote the chorus, with text and everything.
    This was in the middle of a rehearsal.
    Sometimes you have a little luck!

Why it says what it says is that probably didn't properly check the composer details in the booklet.
    Unbelievable but true.
    It is really easy to have a typo and small mistakes slip by when everyone has so much to do like we did at the end of this recording with everything going on at the same time.
    Of course, I am convinced that you all could have done it... much better!

The high note at the end of Sjukhus is completely within my 'range' so I don't see it as a problem.
    There are a few other things in other songs which i wonder how I will fix four nights in a row. :-)

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

On the same thread as the previous comment, someone thinks that the difficult bit that Jocke is referring to is the chorus of 'Val för Satan', as it is quite high, Jocke replies:

It and all the other keys on the album and very carefully selected to achieve what I wanted with the song.
    It is not the pitch that is difficult.
    It is that there is not so many places to breathe.
    There is much to sing.

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

In the thread for 18:29-4, there was a discussion about the choir in the song, that they (the singers) aren't perfect singers, or that they aren't singing in perfect time with each other (or something along those lines), was this a concious choice by the band? Jocke replies:

It is clear that it was a concious choice.
    It would be absurd to begin the album we had worked on since late March 2008 with something we hadn't thought about.
    'Tonalerna' is a hobby choir led by Martin's father.
    Their average age is around 75 years.
    They were really fantastic in their beautiful old church.

Another post in the same thread by
    Jocke:

It was one of the most fun recordings ever, actually.
    We went to the church with GPS help and vague directions from Martin.
    Middle of the bush.
    Markus had been practicing like a madman on the chords and was really excited.
    One of this dreams was to play a church organ for real.
    Of course, he became sick with a really high fever and could not come.
    It was suddenly decided that Martin's father Yngve would play the organ, because he knew how and it is quite difficult since the bass and treble are divided.
    Martin would 'lead' the choir.

The were quite wonderful, but a bit unruly, and they asked a hundred times: "Which of you is called Kent, then?", "Pardon?", "Nobody???", "Why are you called kent, then?" It seems illogical.

Also, we were forced to play the song to a click so we could do a simple clip if something went wrong. The click meant that the organ player had to wait because it wouldn't be heard.
    The 'choirmaster' also had to wait to conduct the pace.
    The choir should try to follow the conductor, which put a large demand on clarity from Martin.
    Also, although the church was small, we still sound delays to compensate for.

After two attempts, one of the ladies said "No, it doesn't work. He (Martin) can't conduct. He just stands and waves. There is no order... We must have Yngve"
    "Well" said Martin, "I'll just have to play the f***ing organ then. But there will be NO bass. Dad can do it afterwards!"

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Time to revive this thread, there have been a few recent post's from Jocke, this one deals with a few things relating to the new album 'En plats i solen':

Here it may be appropriate to explain certain things.
    Some of the songs on 'En plats...' were tested during our sessions for 'Röd'.
    They were written very late in the process and we simply could not do them justice, plus we (last summer) already had an idea what we wanted 'Röd' to be.

After the spring tour we felt that there was masses of positive energy in the stock and besides, we had written many new songs during the tour (we tested and felt a little sure during soundchecks).
    We wanted to play a bit more 'traditionally' and use the correct strings in some of the arrangements.
    We gave the fantastic Joackim Milder free hands and asked him to do the strings without repetition.

The main reason for the secretiveness was that we weren't totally sure if we would have time to get it together until June/July.
    As an example of our forward planning, I might add was that the cover of the single was taken last Thursday (!).
    It would have been very disappointing and odd of we had announced everything before the summer tour and then released the album in September.
    Another reason for the stealth was that it is such fun

It is fantastic to put out something without it having been worked on for months.
    Just record it, mix it and put it out while it is red hot, so to speak.
    We are really pleased with the result.

It's been a while since I last translated, any corrections welcome!
    coloursatnight

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

On the Swedish board, a thread suggests that the title 'En plats i solen' is copied from other things, Jocke responds:

En Plats I Solen is an expression.
    A Place In The Sun.
    Therefor, there are books, films, albums and a tv programme with this name.
    I chose the title in spite of this.
    Because it is fitting for our album.
    You cannot 'copy' an known phrase.
    I have also used it in an old song.
    If the name of our album has any connection to another title, it is to the 1950's film.
    coloursatnight

Standard

Thank you stjärnor again for the kind translation!
    I've googled translate jocke's posts but cant be really sure of the meaning of each sentence he wrote...

And yes the "traditional" string (I guess it refers to the arrangement of regular guitar or any instrumental sounds?) really got me interested how the new album would sound like? Also from Jocke's post he mentioned that they invited Joackim Milder to do some melody arrangement on the new album. Plus the info I read from some swedish press article which said they also had another Jazz singer Rebecka Törnqvist and the popular singer/songwriter Lars Winnerbäck featured on some tracks. All those new changes jsut got me so curious about the new songs!

Oh and I'm really curious how they got the idea to do the single cover. It is just... interesting. Kent gangsters kidnapping crime haha.

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

I thought the single cover was quite funny- kent's dark humour!
    (and I'm pretty sure the single cover and the press photo I posted on page 1 of the 'new album?' thread were taken outside Park Studio)
    Can anyone make out or know who is being kindnapped???
    coloursatnight

Reg.datum
    Mar 2006

Standard

Yeah, I am quite interested to know WHY they have a kidnapping depicted on the first single cover.

Sidan 7 av 25 FörstaFörsta 1234567891011121314151617 ... SistaSista

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •