Sep 2007

Standard

oh yes, the 'edit reason' : Aftonsbladet's incredible ability to miss facts

coloursatnight

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Swedish singer Erik Hassle has made a collaberation with Jocke & Martin. The 6 songs from the mini-album 'Mariefred Sessions' were recorded in Martin's studio in Mariefred. The album will be released March 23.

There's more info and video with Martin, Jocke and Erik here: (in Swedish)
    Don't ask me what they're saying, they're speaking much too quickly and I'll have to listen a few more times to pick up anything. If anyone would like to give a quick translation, please do!

There's a clip of the the single 'Are you leaving' in the video. The other songs are titled: Sometimes When It Rains (Give Me Your Love), I´m Not an Island, Stay Away, Stains, Arrow.

A short post by Jocke about this:

Now you can watch the PSL ... (the video linked to above)
    There is some more info on this project.
    Hope you will like it.
    We do, of course.
    Love it, actually.
    coloursatnight

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

After some not very nice words about Erik Hassle, Jocke posts:

Now you kids should give up.
    Have you nothing better to do than hurt people?
    Honestly, what is wrong with you?
    Pull yourself together!!
    coloursatnight

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

A post from Jocke regarding the song ‘Into my arms’ which is in the film ‘Downloading Nancy’, directed by Johan Renck.
    It’s not new, it came out around 2007.

You can hear it at youtube.

It is a nice song!
    I wrote if for a little project that Johan and I had going for a while.
    Then he made the film and then we recorded ‘Into my arms’ to it.
    I wrote the music, Johan the lyrics and Krister Linder produced.

(well, I think it’s produced, Jocke wrote ‘proddade’- I can’t find it in my dictionary, but it might be short/ slang for ‘producera/producent, which makes sense )
    coloursatnight

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

A long one from the kent & erik hassle thread...any corrections to translations welcomed.

Indie-Jens posts:
    It is funny that I have heard kent more often on Rix FM than on P3. Dom andra, Pärlor och FF are played/have been played regularly there.

(Rix FM is a commercial station, which I think plays more ‘chart hits’ than P3, which is owned by (advert free) Sveriges Radio- feel free to correct me!)

Jocke responds:
    It’s correct.
    Someone or some of the commercial radio stations play the singles from V&A remarkably often.

The same thing where there is a... movement here on the forum who wish that we should play more “live” and use 3500 guitars (nowadays: “sound like D&JD”, previously “the first album was best”), there are also people in the country who don’t understand why we don’t want to make V&A over and over again.
    They perhaps don’t care about the German computer deer * (see below and I’ll try and explain) as much as some forum users, but they think that we should stop using complicated chords and strange, monotonous & long arrangements.

In the work that we do it becomes more and more important that we try and have fun as much as possible when we work in the studio.
    It positively influences the results irrespective of what uniformed people in the media write about “creative conflicts” and that creation must be deeply anxiety ridden.
    With this opportunity, I think that it is a lot of fun and creative to write music with others and produce it without being the person who releases it.
    It is nice sometimes to escape the extra pressure which comes with the roll of artist.

We also made a lot as kent last time: First writing/recording “Röd”, with promos, singles, videos them the tour, then in the studio to make “EPIS” at the same time we rehearsed for the summer tour. All within the course of a year. After that: the Summer tour.

In August last year, we felt that we had had enough with kent
    But I write loads of songs in any case.
    Who should not need to lie down and become old.
    Before the kent-mood comes again, we have had time to do a few different nice collaborations, on which you learn a lot.

We haven’t put the band on ice.
    We are only taking a little break.
    The calm before the storm.
    And you you who drive ‘the hate-style’ I say the same thing as always: Don’t bother to listen (to what we do outside kent) so you don’t need to be so irritated.

*ok, the German computer deer.... I’m guessing Jocke is referring to a comment made by Martin in 2007 where he asks what some things mean that (I assume) people had written on the forum, and "tyskt data-hjort" (german computer deer) seems to be a typo/mis-spelling of "tyskt data-gjort"(German computer made) was one of the things mentioned.
    If anyone can explain that better, please, please do!!!
    Senast redigerat av stjärnor den 2011-02-10 klockan 14:09. Anledning: grammar. soup & translating don't go well together!
    coloursatnight

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Member OWC747 posts his thoughts on the Erik Hassle/Jocke & MArtin song ‘Are you leaving’
    Think it sounds pretty boring really. Not exciting at all. Not bad but...ok. But bloody boring. I feel totally indifferent to the song BUT perhaps the song will grow on me or I will be so knocked out by ‘Mariefred Sessions’ when it is released. Let us hope.

Jocke posts his thoughts on the above post.
    Think that the post above is pretty boring really. Not exciting at all. Not good but...bad. And bloody boring. I feel completely indifferent to this post BUT it may grow on me or I will be so knocked out by OWC747 when they surely release the sides*. Let us hope.

*I’m not quite sure of that translation! (koelkast, help!)
    coloursatnight

Moderator utomjordings avatar
    Reg.datum
    Dec 2002

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av stjärnor Visa inlägg
    Jocke posts his thoughts on the above post.
    Think that the post above is pretty boring really. Not exciting at all. Not good but...bad. And bloody boring. I feel completely indifferent to this post BUT it may grow on me or I will be so knocked out by OWC747 when they surely release the sides*. Let us hope.

*I’m not quite sure of that translation! (koelkast, help!)
    I think I can assist you on that one. If you tell someone to "släppa sargen" you want that person to get back into the game and not just watch it from the side. I guess the expression originally comes from ice hockey. In Jocke's post it's a play with words: släppa skivan, släppa sargen, which is hard to translate to English. By the way, "h*n" means "he/she" and "väl" should be translated as "eventually".
    Låt dom komma nu

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Thanks utomjording! When I was looking at the online dictionaries, I could see some references to ice hockey, but couldn't see how they fitted into the meaning of Jocke's words. It was all looking so easy until I got to that phrase!
    My first reaction to h*n was that it was a swear word, but then I did realise that it meant han/hon (he/she) so, thought it easier to write they, since we don't really write s/he in English.

Thanks again for the input, much welcomed!

A good post from Jocke, it had me chuckling as I translated it!
    coloursatnight

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

(still on the topic of Erik Hassle)
    no need to translate this post from Jocke, as it was written in English (in reponse to a post in english)! I thought I'd post it here so you would all see it anyway!

Originally Posted by red may
    I think it's really good, I love the vocal melody and that bit after the chorus. Just waiting for it to come on iTunes in my country...

Sorry that I'm writing in English, (there is no need to ban me, thanks), I don't speak Swedish, but this really annoys me so I wanted to say it: I don't understand some of the people on this forum, after reading through this whole thread. Kent must be one of your favourite bands, and Jocke and Martin must be some of your favourite songwriters - so why do some people here welcome the news that they have written something new by saying that they think it will be uninteresting, before they have even heard the songs? And then when you do listen to it for less than one day, why do you bother going onto an internet forum to say that you are indifferent to the song, or that it bores you?
    It confuses me.
    Well, thank you!
    This confuses me too.
    When i dislike something as much as some people here dislike what we've done with Erik (without even hearing the songs), i simply stay away from it.
    I just keep it out of my life...
    Why waste energy commenting on stuff you decided you don't like even before it's out there?
    Why spend time on hating?

It's just a song people...
    And imho a really good one, with a lyric about an important subject.

I just can't understand it.
    And, if you think further, these things are all over the internet.
    Everywhere you turn.
    People anonymously saying really mean and, frankly, horrible things about people they don't know.
    Things like this sometimes make me loose hope.
    Seriously.
    coloursatnight

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

The Erik Hassle thread has turned towards criticism & anonymity on the forum/ internet.
    (ie, when someone posts something negative about kent on the forum, Jocke can respond with a sharp or sarcastic reply)
    In response to a post by Frågg about the criticism & anonymity issue, Jocke says:
    (can anyone give me translation help on the missing word, please)

Do you know what I think?

If you* criticise someone/something (or throw out a lot of un-thought out ‘blah’ as in this case) perhaps you should be prepared to answer the question?
    I sometimes wonder what it is in my profession which means that as soon as defend my lives’ work (yes indeed, ladies & gentlemen) that I am called a pig and traitor and arrogant amongst other things.
    You can think what you want, but be prepared not to be left unchallenged.

Furthermore, it is funny that it is always the same people who always jump in afterwards and pick on the bad guy, awfully stuck up and conceited _______ ?(gaphalsen) in kent when this type of discussion occurs.

You go under a common name.
    You know it & I know it.
    Attention seekers.
    You know who you are.

*just a wee subnote. Jocke used the ‘ni’ (plural) verson of you, so the use you is in the wider sense and referring to many people, and not one person in particular

Another poster then thinks the above post was directed at Frågg, Jocke responds:

I obviously mean that Frågg isn’t guilty of any of this.
    He is the voice of reason.
    coloursatnight

Reg.datum
    Dec 2002

Standard

A "gaphals" is a loud, annoying person. According to Google translate it can be translated as chatterbox or loudmouth.
    Låt dom komma nu

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Ahhh, min hjälte igen! Tack!

I had tried halsen (throat/neck), thinking it was gap + hals and could not work that one out!
    coloursatnight

Reg.datum
    Dec 2002

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av stjärnor Visa inlägg
    Ahhh, min hjälte igen! Tack!

I had tried halsen (throat/neck), thinking it was gap + hals and could not work that one out!
    I can understand that. Gaphals is one of these weird Swedish words, and I guess the online dictionaries don't translate "gaphalsen", just "gaphals".
    By the way, keep up the good work on translating Jocke's posts!
    Låt dom komma nu

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

thanks...gaphalsen is a good new word to learn.

(and, no they-google & norstedts- didn't pick up gaphalsen, but now that I've tried gaphals, it works, typical!)
    coloursatnight

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

a couple of posts from Jocke about his (and the bands) guitar string/plectrum set up
    (as I don't play the guitar, I'm very happy to be corrected if I've got any techincal terms wrong)

I use tens on the electric guitar.
    Fat for sustain.
    Tele(caster) is by far the best guitar, and of all of kents guitar setups which are used, I (and many proper professionals like me) like to say that I have the best guitar sound in the band, and therefor, Sweden.

I am a really amazing electric guitarist.
    What you use for plectrum thickness has about as much meaning as what colour the plectrum is, if you can play want to say.
    coloursatnight

Sidan 11 av 25 FörstaFörsta ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... SistaSista

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •