Sidan 12 av 25 FörstaFörsta ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... SistaSista
Resultat 166 till 180 av 361

Ämne: Jocke's, Martin's and Sami's posts translated to English

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

the thread goes on to discuss plectrums, member benjamin-syrsa says that thin plectrums are good to strum with, but have poor feedback and speed on solos. many guitarists agree with him

Jocke responds:
    Which guitarists?
    It is only a question of opinion and taste.
    And anyway, who plays solos these days?
    coloursatnight

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Still on the subject of plectrums/playing style, Jocke says:

I learned to play guitar with a soft plectrum.
    Mostly because of my friend Max (who plays with us live) used it at the end of the 80's.
    Red sharkfins
    However, they are just too flimsy for my taste.
    Max used these because any equilibrist heavy metal guitarist who he likes, like Steve Vai, and the like, used them like that.
    Now Max B uses the same plectrums as Martin and Sami, but he (or guitar-tech) usually scratch them to get a better grip.
    I play these days on plectrum which fit both picking and strumming since I am out after a sound and have a playing style which is based on arpeggios and 'sandwiches' of all the strings.
    You may also get a mmuch crunchier sound out the guitar with a sifter plectrum.
    This in turn fits my tele/fender bluesdeville sound with a tiny bit of stronger reverb and 2 bluesbreaker pedals as my usual set up.
    On the spring tour was a lot of guitar rig, but my analogue setup sounds sick much better so I only use the computer when I needed stereo delay sync to Markus kick.
    I use the same for acoustic when I don't pluck with fingers or the claw (ze claw!) as it is called in the band.
    I play often the high string (both electric and acoustic) on stage and on album and then you must have a thinner plectrum since you pull on the strings directly.
    But, when you play at home or in the studio you take the plectrum which is nearest, or even better, any plectrum you can find!

I love it when Jocke talks techie I like these little windows into the kent we don't usually see!
    and again, please someone correct me if I've got anything wrong in my translation & 'guitar-speak'!
    coloursatnight

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Posted a few days ago, sorry- I've been on holiday! (the video below is in Swedish)

Forum member Lovely Little Queens posts:
    A little sweet interview with Erik Hassle on TV4 'Nyhetsmorgon',
    where he talks a lot about kent:
    http://www.tv4play.se/nyheter_och_de...ideoid=1347316

Jocke replies:
    There are also 2 songs to see there!

(although I've watched the video and there's only a live clip of 'Are you leaving' shown, perhaps the live show had more?)
    Senast redigerat av stjärnor den 2011-03-21 klockan 20:49.
    coloursatnight

Standard

Hi stjärnor!
    I found the embedded TV4 video I put at my blog has some problem showing the 2 live clips too. But fortunately those 2 live clips have been put on youtube:

Erik Hassle - Stains
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLG7kNH5PmY

Erik Hassle - Are You Leaving
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41P9Ut3BUqE

I quite like Stains to be honest. The chorus part is somehow very kent-ish to me.

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Thanks for finding those, firth!
    The TV4 play clip must be edited to only show part of 'Are you leaving' as the clock on the 'Stains' video shows 9:32-9:36 am, so it was live on the broadcasted show.

I'm also getting a kent-ish vibe from Stains too (yeah, yeah, I know, it's not kent, it's Erik), but it could also be the song structure too, which is similar to a few kent songs, in that the song slowly builds to a chorus, and not a verse-chorus-verse-chorus structure which most pop songs have.
    (Sjukhus is a perfect example of kents non-traditional song structure)
    coloursatnight

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

A post from Jocke in the thread ‘De Deppigaste ken-låtarna'?’ (the most depressing kent songs?), he’s responding to the post by Thimotej:

I have always thought that he sung "Inget är värre än döden" (nothing is worse than death) instead of "Alla öden är värre än döden" (all fates are worse than death)

Jocke:
    The idea of ​​"all fates are worse than death" is taken from the Catholic faith (and a writer by the name of Evelyn Waugh).
    Google for more info.
    Read "Vile Bodies" and "Brideshead Revisited".
    coloursatnight

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

2 posts from jocke in the thread “How about something new next time”
    Is it not ironic that the thread is called “....something new”, but that most of you want the next album to sound like something old?

From Jocke: in response to member Indie-Jens saying that Sami & Markus would have little input if kent did an acoustic album, since Jocke writes the lyrics and music (usually with martin), so an acoustic album would affectively be a solo album:

There would be no album in the name of Joakim Berg.
    It sounds like a huge boring project.
    To sit and drink wine in the studio by yourself, with some technicians?
    How fun is that?
    Sit by yourself and play about with some synths, guitar or computer, you do the whole day anyway.
    Anyway, I cannot imagine anything more predictable & unbearable than meeting the Swedish media alone

But... an acoustic album means in the literal interpretation is an album with only acoustic instruments.
    Not an album with only acoustic guitars.
    Markus can play, well what do I know, acoustic drums perhaps?
    Piano?
    Sami can perhaps play...acoustic guitar or piano?
    Don’t really understand why they would have little to do because we would record ‘acoustic’
    coloursatnight

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

(Still in the 'How about something new...?' thread)

In response to Indie-Jens’ reply to Jocke: You got me!....

Jocke replies:
    I did not mean to set you up
    I think that very many people think exactly same thing.
    I and many others like me, who write many songs on acoustic guitar usually after a while get quite tired of... the sound.
    I like acoustic as rhythm instruments in a larger sound stage. (is this sentence translated correctly?)
    Also use it to obtain the same function as a fast shaker / tambourine, without so much tone.
    If I want it to sparkle, I play a high string.

But: There will be no solo acoustic album
    coloursatnight

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

In a thread titled ‘Joakim Berg- Author’, a poster mentions that Jocke has said that he has written several short stories.

Jocke responds: Ehh, when have I said that?

The original poster clarifies that Jocke said the following in an interview with Terry Ericsson for Pop April 12 1995:
    “I have always liked to write short stories and stuff. My teacher in high school always thought that the long form didn’t suit me as well that I was better when I wrote short”

Source- Kent - Texter om Sveriges största rockband.
    coloursatnight

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

A few posts from Jocke in the last week.
    (apologies for the delay- Easter, public holidays & royal wedding, 3 day weeks, etc)

In the thread 'What do you think about Vapen & Ammunition?' a poster mentions that they love the original version of Vintervila (the Havsänglar version), and is sure that kent played the song live in the original style (not the Dom andra b-side version) at some point.

Jocke:
    We played it at the controversial Hultsfred gig in 2005 (or 2006) if I remember correctly.
    With Roos on guitar.

Another member confirms it was 2006, as there was tracks from the Hjärta & smärta EP on the same tracklist from this concert. H&S was released in Nov 2005.
    Here's the a youtube link to Vintervila at Hultsfred:

In the thread about the song 'Teambuilding', there has been a bit of a debate as the song title is in English (but written like a Swedish word, ie, no space between 'Team' and 'building') and the song is sung in Swedish.
    A member has posted a photo from a Swedish advert which uses the word 'Teambuildning' and says that the words is now in the Swedish Language.

Jocke responds:
    And it is funny that in your infinite wisdom that you have missed the little spelling mistake.
    Perhaps you don't have the enourmous control over the Swedish language as you think?

(note, the song is Teambuilding, the poster had Teambuildning'. Words with ending in '-ning' are common in Swedish)

And, in the same thread, someone comments that they would never dare speak to Jocke, as he would comment if you used the wrong word, or were grammatically incorrect...

Jocke:
    I think it is a little funny that someone is pleased with one picture example without having noticed that there is a spelling mistake.
    But I would never yell at you, which is so nice?
    Senast redigerat av stjärnor den 2011-05-03 klockan 19:27. Anledning: youtube embedding sorted!
    coloursatnight

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Another 2 posts from Jocke.

This one is in reference to the 'short stories' post mentioned futher up the page:

Yes.
    You assume that everything in these texts (the unoffical kent book, I assume) is true and verbatim from what I actually said at the interview.
    But it is not true.
    Here a journalist has interpreted me to say that I have always written 'short stories' when I am 100% sure that I made it clear that this was written exercises that were part of school work when I was in high school.
    I would never in my life say that I write short stories.
    It is not true, and besides think that J. Berg-version 95 would be such a corny thing to say.
    But I don't read everything people write about us.

The second post from Jocke goes back to the Teambuilding thread, where the debate has now gone onto discuss the Swedish written language practice of writing words together (the name for this escapes me at the moment...!)
    Jocke comments
    :

Especially when the linguist obviously has difficulty with the spelling.
    Senast redigerat av stjärnor den 2011-05-04 klockan 19:41.
    coloursatnight

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

So, Jocke's keeping me busy this week!
    Another post, this one in a thread called 'Gamla Ullevi unused / left over from the Röd sessions?'

The thread discusses if Gamla Ullevi was left over from the Röd sessions because a member remembers Jocke mentioning before Röd that kent had an idea of using a football choir (crowd song/chant would be a better translation, perhaps?), but that they scrapped the idea pretty quickly. And since Gamla Ullevi is the name of a football stadium, was this the song that would have been on Röd with the football song? The poster also thinks that the little bit of music right at the end of 'Det finns inga ord' may be Gamla Ullevi.

Jocke replies:

Many of the "...Solen" songs existed in some form during the Röd sessions.
    But it has nothing particuarly to do with how they sound on EPIS.
    We worked more on the sketches (drafts) we had before EPIS, so any speculation that any songs that were meant for Röd ended up on Epis is actually unnecessary.

However, we had a idea during the recording of Röd that we would follow it up quickly.
    The bit that is heard at the end of "Det finns ingen ord" is of course, the beginning of "Glassäpplen", the first song on EPIS.
    It is pretty cool

(I posted about this bit of 'det finns....' way back when the album came out and there was a bit of speculation about it on the swedish forum)
    coloursatnight

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

A post from Sami, titled 'How’s things?'

Just thought I’d check if everything is good with you all.
    We had a rewarding and fun band lunch yesterday...now I must lie down a while.
    Have it good!
    coloursatnight

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

In the thread about Mannen i den vita hatten (16 år senare), Jocke talks about the song:

It absolutely could not have been written earlier than it was.
    Above all, because history needs time to turn to history and later also nostalgia

The first part of the song is clear in the meaning according to moi.
    Sometimes people tend to interpret a little too much.
    Instead of just: ‘En bänkrad’ (a row of benches) means just a row of benches, so people think that it is a metaphor for something else.
    In this case the text is just an attempt to try and describe an eternally long moment in life.
    Here is the last weeks of an almost totally liberal school time which is being discussed (and yes, the empty corridors and the running are of course connected to ‘running out’* as a student at St Eskil but many older schools have this tradition and there are no “images” which are specific to just my school) *I’ll try and explain this bit after Jocke’s post
    To sit in an oven hot classroom and to turn in your seat, far away, but not to a physical place, only away to .....a life of freedom (yeah, right...), how it now turns a ridiculous inexperienced 19 year olds confused head (pretty much which mine would become, a cynic says, haha).
    Also, the impatience, the desire, the almost panic feeling of I’m finished with this...take me away, anywhere, noooow.
    And the same time, the paralysing fear & shame before the leap into the unknown.
    Paired with the vague knowledge & impossible nostalgia that came about now that childhood and innocence is finished.
    Now I loose a large part of my friends and bit part of my little, little world falls to pieces.
    Now it is up to evidence, now life comes with its tank-mentality and drives over everything.
    Now you can not just slip by any longer.
    Have I got a plan?
    Is it sufficient?
    It made the whole experience almost unbearably bittersweet.

After that comes and awkward attempt at a sort of description of the live that actually happened.
    No so tremendously romantic and actually as bad as I had imagined.
    But I miss people I left behind (or who left me behind) for various reasons, but it seldom just happened, tragically undramatic.
    Without time or even thinking about saying goodbye.
    You always come to a point where you reflect over what... almost happened, if you understand.

The St Eskil, and ‘running out’ thing, I’ll try and explain...
    St Eskil is the name of the school Jocke attended in Eskilstuna.
    According to what another member has mentioned in the same thread (they also went to the same school, but not at the same time as Jocke), was that the school has a tradition where on the last day, the leaving students line up in the corridor and all run out the school at the same time. And perhaps this is referenced in the song in the line "Och du & jag håller andan och håller händer in i språnget" (and you and I hold our breath and hold hands in the run).

Oh, and after a bit of googling, I've discovered that when the students 'run out' they often wear a white hat like this which explains the 'white hat' bit in the song title.

Back to the ‘Teambuilding’ thread...

A poster mentions that the word ‘teambuilding’ was used in John Ajvides book ‘Lilla Stjärna’ and that he is probably the best author in the world, so fuck off kent!!!!!

Jocke replies:
    Mmm.
    If you only read a single book, then perhaps he can be the worlds’ best.
    Tips:
    Read a book you get a large probability of a new favourite author.
    Try Ellroy’s ‘Blood’s a Rover’ or Hustvedt’s ‘The Enchantment of Lily Dahl’...
    Senast redigerat av stjärnor den 2011-05-10 klockan 15:17.
    coloursatnight

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

In response to the poster who was talking about John Avjides books (team building thread), Jocke replies:

Have nothing against his writing at all.
    I just don’t like huge exaggeration.

And in the Team building thread again...

Jocke reponds to comments about John Avjides books, and that Jocke and some of kent’s lyrics were mentioned in them, and the continuing saga of the word 'team building'...

Book 1: Like a lot.
    Books 2 & 3: Didn’t like at all.
    Have no comment on the quotes.
    If I ‘commented’ on everything that was written about us/ me, I would never have time to do anything.
    Team building is an English term.
    Two English words.
    I chose to write the title in the correct way.
    In English.
    Because it is, yes you guessed it, a title which could be read and understood by people who don’t speak Swedish.
    We have listeners in many countries, and sometimes when you get the chance, it can be fun to ‘include’ them through having an international... touch, eg, in a title.
    Leave this subject alone now.
    We can invent a thread where all the heavy breathing, word spotters (who really only want to have a little of my attention) can rant in peace without the rest of us needing to... suffer?
    coloursatnight

Sidan 12 av 25 FörstaFörsta ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... SistaSista

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •