Sidan 10 av 25 FörstaFörsta 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... SistaSista
Resultat 136 till 150 av 361

Ämne: Jocke's, Martin's and Sami's posts translated to English

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Oct 2009

Standard

I agree, I do like club gigs too but a band like Kent just doesn't fit in there.

(I would translate 'typ' as 'like'. 79% typ = like 79%, about 79%.)

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av JukkeBerry Visa inlägg
    Thank you stjärnor for this translation.

A Kent club tour in Sweden would probably upset more than please. There's just too many fans who wouldn't be able to get tickets. Others would be ripped off by scalpers. And a handful would actually make it to the gigs.

I really enjoyed my six shows at the "Anti-Hockey-Rink" Annexet. Nonetheless, I would love to experience another tent tour. May is a great month to tour!
    You're very welcome, I enjoy doing the translations, even if I get stuck sometimes! And hockey rink was the word I was looking for (not hall!), you can tell I'm not sporty!
    And thanks for the 'typ' hint koelkast, it almost felt a bit like a 'slang' word to me I like Jocke's accuracy: 79%

I agree that kent can't feasibly do a club tour. Yes, it sounds great of you're dreaming about it, but the practicalities Jocke mentioned mean it's just about impossible. I'm glad that Jocke comes on and informs us why the band does/doesn't do certain things. He certainly doesn't need to, and I appreciate it. It gives us fans an inside look at things we wouldn't know otherwise.

I have a dilema. Ok, it's not actually real at the moment, but it is in my mind for the future. Should kent tour again, I'll want to go and see them (I was kidding myself that 'seeing kent live once in my life' would be enough in Stockholm in July this year!). If it's one large venue in Stockholm, with one night, then, there's no problem, as long as I get tickets. The dilema is, if they play more than one night... I'll want to go to more than one, but I think my 'non-kent' friend won't. then there's flights & stuff to organise (I had enough problems with 1 concert this year!) .... I mean, it's not real, and it's not exactly a major problem, but it would kill me to be in Stockholm and kent are playing and I'm not there!

anyway, enough of that for now...that'll be something for the future. If Jocke could post something to translate, we'll get back on topic!
    coloursatnight

Erfaren medlem Kentinas avatar
    Reg.datum
    Oct 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av stjärnor Visa inlägg
    I have a dilema. Ok, it's not actually real at the moment, but it is in my mind for the future. Should kent tour again, I'll want to go and see them (I was kidding myself that 'seeing kent live once in my life' would be enough in Stockholm in July this year!). If it's one large venue in Stockholm, with one night, then, there's no problem, as long as I get tickets. The dilema is, if they play more than one night... I'll want to go to more than one, but I think my 'non-kent' friend won't. then there's flights & stuff to organise (I had enough problems with 1 concert this year!) .... I mean, it's not real, and it's not exactly a major problem, but it would kill me to be in Stockholm and kent are playing and I'm not there!

anyway, enough of that for now...that'll be something for the future. If Jocke could post something to translate, we'll get back on topic!
    Just do it then, book your tickets, flights and hotel room in time, brainwash your non-Kent friend or go without him/her, join other Kent fans and have a good time. You should also try to see Kent in Gothenburg or somewhere else!

Medlem ericthirdrows avatar
    Reg.datum
    Feb 2004

Standard

When they did Turne' 19 I flew to Stockholm with a friend and we hit up both shows. I would have really regretted had we not gone back and seem then a second time when it was so readily available.
    "Love is watching someone die.
    So who's going to watch you die?"

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

(please excuse any typing errors, my left index finger is out of action!)
    This is quite a long post with a few translations in it.
    As usual, any translation errors/rephrasings are gladly welcomed.

A thread in the Swedish section discusses rumours that (some of) kent are doing a collaboration with Swedish artist Erik Hassle.
    Some of the discussion concerns who is doing what, or what parts Jocke/Martin are taking in this collaboration.

Jocke responds:
    If that's the way you think it works when we work (I write some text and someone else the music), you should read a little.

The poster (indie-jens) responds:
    (I had to post this, it was too funny!)

It was certainly not what I meant, but you may refer me to what I need to read

Jocke responds:
    Yes, as someone has already mentioned, you can look up the booklet from any album where I help and see that it is not particuarly often that I write a text and someone else the music.
    If you are not sure you know something about a collaborations' form, then for God's sake do not spread loose assumptions.

Indie-Jens reponds:
    I think you misinterpreted my assumption. I assumed that Martin probably co-wrote the music, I did not mean it was just those songs you wrote the text for. I acknowledge that I clumsily phrased phrased it when I did not write that you helped with lyrics and music.

Jocke reponds:
    And you misunderstand me.
    I said that you should not assume anything.
    Since you don't have a idea, except that some extremely uninteresting person you know from some extremely uninteresting record company said something extremely uninteresting and vague about an interesting collaberation.
    coloursatnight

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Oct 2009

Standard

He never fails to sound moody

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

continued discussion on the Erik Hassle thread.
    (again, apologies for any mistyping, it's taking me ages to type without the use of this finger!
    )

Indie-Jens responce to Jocke:
    It prehaps would be an uninteresting forum if you couldn't assume things.
    Also, you have no idea what I know, so if you stop with your assumptions, I'll stop mine.

I say, must you be so haughty (anyone can anyone else translate 'dryg better?) with your fans? We who collect what you produce year, after year, we who pay your salary.
    Perhaps you cry all the way to the bank, what do I know, but that does not let us fans
    discuss or make assumptions about what is (döfött?) and dull.
    But surely, you are such a big band that the fans perhaps no longer matter?

Jocke responds:
    What do you know.
    It is you who often comes here with advance info about what we are doing since you have a
    "deep throat" (or source) inside an organisation which I cannot control or that I do not
    have the chance to influence.
    If I found your source, I would immediately ask him to keep his big mouth closed about things
    which do not concern the person in question.
    Perhaps you can give me a name so you can save yourself
    However, I can try to authenticate rumours on our homepage.
    If you come with inside tips, and in the same breath with your own assertions and assumptions, people who read these will confuse fact and fiction.
    I understand that it can be difficult to restrain from speculation, but there is nothing so
    sad and unnecessary as rumours which are not true.
    How harmless they can seem.
    And believe me, I know....
    If you are going to continue to speculate on insider tips, may you well clarify what comes
    from the source and what are your own assumptions?
    This is my chance to correct the various claims which are being made about our activities.
    Your source certainly doesn't know as much about the project as I do.
    But I am not one hundred percent sure where, what or how something will happen, or in
    what exact form.
    coloursatnight

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

There's a response from Indie-jens to Jocke's post. Jocke may reply to this, but this is the last message I'll translate tonight, if anyone wants to continue translating, please feel free, or if everyone doesn't mind waiting, I'll probably get back to translating in the next couple of days....I think I'm putting the Christmas tree up tomorrow night!

Indie-jens replies:

You could have asked me to stop giving such information, and I would have done it. If you want, I will stop giving such information now. However, I would like you to have patience that I don't want to out my source, because I have a big interest in music and a big interest in your band, and I run a music blog which has info not only about kent.
    Bury the hatchet?
    coloursatnight

Standard

Oh this picture is epic...! lol

But to be honest I love how Jocke responds the fans posts though. Other rock stars will not even bother doing things like that and it will be awesome if he will do this on english forum more often... To me it is okay even if he sounds moody or not.

Medlem JukkeBerrys avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

Jocke's fan interaction is probably an exception in the music business. In this discussion nobody mentioned how good Erik Hassle's music and lyrics are. A collaboration would probably yield some great tunes, hopefully in English!

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

A few days late... (apologies!)

Sami wishes all of us here on the forum a happy new year!
    coloursatnight

Standard

Thanks for the translation stjärnor!

Oh that's very kind of him doing this heart-warming wishes to all the fans on the forum!

gott nytt år Sami, Jocke, Marin, Markus and everyone on the forum!

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

A post from Sami to thank us for voting for the Gaffa prizes:

I would like to bow and give thanks to everyone who voted for us ... bows... and thank you.

(I think I got that one right!)
    coloursatnight

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

A post from Jocke about the radio show they are doing in America:

You could see it that way, but the fact is when we had the release party for Röd in NY, we made a promo-programme on Sirius XM.
    Scott Greenstein who started the channel and loves Sweden and Swedish music, asked us to make a little programme where we played 10 of our faveourite songs at that time.
    The programme got unexpectedly really good press in the US, so he came back to us and asked us (Martin & I, who just happened to be the ones who did the promo) if we wanted to make a regular "show"
    We didn't have any offer from any Swedish channel.
    We got it from an American one.
    The thing is that we only play some songs we like right now and talk a little shit about them
    I don't believe it can be heard in Sweden.

And now I'm reading in Aftonbladet that we will play songs by Tom Petty, Coldplay, Ryan Adams and U2...
    This is not true of course.
    coloursatnight

Standard

Thanks again!

I love the edit reason Jocke wrote at that post.

Sidan 10 av 25 FörstaFörsta 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... SistaSista

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •