Sidan 5 av 17 FörstaFörsta 123456789101112131415 ... SistaSista
Resultat 61 till 75 av 245

Ämne: Tigerdrottningen & La Belle Epoque

Standard

Hej svejs! I originally would have loved to write this in the swedish section (especially because I'm curious about Jocke's thoughts, since he reads in the forum alot.), but my swedish writing skills aren't the best, although I understand everything after living some years in Sweden.
    So... first: I'm from Berlin... grew up during cold war times when we still had Westberlin and Eastberlin seperated by the wall.
    The first thought that came to my mind when I saw the new single's title was the "La Belle Discoteque" bombing in Westberlin in 1986. I know Jocke is very into history about my hometown and he knows alot about Germany in general. And especially after I heard the lyrics the first question that came to my mind was: "Coincidence? Intention? What the heck?"... As we can see now in the news, cold war never was over... Everything repeats. America, Eastern bloc, Lybia, etc.
    And then the lyrics... Oh my.
    Read it up: http://www.western-allies-berlin.com...-belle-bombing
    You can actually find photos of the bombing if you type in "La Belle Berlin" into Google. The terror attack was internationally spreaded quite well and it's still talked about alot (probably as well because it was a american club). I know the lyrics are not about the bombing back then... But I just wondered if there's a hidden link to it since we spin in circles since centuries with the same problems, just that the technologies became modern and different. Do I make sense at all? Haha.
    Ps. I'm really looking forward to the new record. I'm so happy they returned to darkness. That as a first single they release such lyrics that mirror society rather than mirroring themselves and their own demons. I'm listening to the song since days on repeat nonstop. I'm not even able to listen to anything else anymore, argh! I'm doomed.

Medlem DanielOlins avatar
    Reg.datum
    Apr 2012

Standard

Very interesting thoughts, Sophia! This thread is growing more interesting than the Swedish one!

Medlem JukkeBerrys avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av sophiascalpel Visa inlägg
    Hej svejs! I originally would have loved to write this in the swedish section (especially because I'm curious about Jocke's thoughts, since he reads in the forum alot.), but my swedish writing skills aren't the best, although I understand everything after living some years in Sweden.
    So... first: I'm from Berlin... grew up during cold war times when we still had Westberlin and Eastberlin seperated by the wall.
    The first thought that came to my mind when I saw the new single's title was the "La Belle Discoteque" bombing in Westberlin in 1986. I know Jocke is very into history about my hometown and he knows alot about Germany in general. And especially after I heard the lyrics the first question that came to my mind was: "Coincidence? Intention? What the heck?"... As we can see now in the news, cold war never was over... Everything repeats. America, Eastern bloc, Lybia, etc.
    And then the lyrics... Oh my.
    Read it up: http://www.western-allies-berlin.com...-belle-bombing
    You can actually find photos of the bombing if you type in "La Belle Berlin" into Google. The terror attack was internationally spreaded quite well and it's still talked about alot (probably as well because it was a american club). I know the lyrics are not about the bombing back then... But I just wondered if there's a hidden link to it since we spin in circles since centuries with the same problems, just that the technologies became modern and different. Do I make sense at all? Haha.
    Ps. I'm really looking forward to the new record. I'm so happy they returned to darkness. That as a first single they release such lyrics that mirror society rather than mirroring themselves and their own demons. I'm listening to the song since days on repeat nonstop. I'm not even able to listen to anything else anymore, argh! I'm doomed.
    Since you're listening to the song non stop I'm surprised you're linking it to Berlin. There is no connection to the Libyan bombing of that discoteque. The lyrics are all about modern day Sweden. The Ukraine crisis, which has led to a mild return to Cold War days, had not occurred at the time the song was written.

Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av stjärnor Visa inlägg
    The feathers and beads around her neck, and the beaded cuffs remind me somewhat of Native American style of dress, which also ties in with your thing about rebirth.
    The metallic sleeves also look slightly futuristic.
    Hmm what do I know?

Thanks for your thoughts Laila! Intresting to read.

Edit,, just found this:

http://mikasblog.tumblr.com/post/808...ents-new-album

It seems the girl is a model called Gloria B, and the photography was by Peter Gehrke & fashion by Karin Smeds.
    I wonder if Gloria is really tatooed. Kat von D. would love this connection...

Moderator utomjordings avatar
    Reg.datum
    Dec 2002

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av JukkeBerry Visa inlägg
    Since you're listening to the song non stop I'm surprised you're linking it to Berlin. There is no connection to the Libyan bombing of that discoteque. The lyrics are all about modern day Sweden. The Ukraine crisis, which has led to a mild return to Cold War days, had not occurred at the time the song was written.
    That wasn't really what she suggested though, was it? And who knows if Jocke got some inspiration for the song from Berlin, I sure don't. Everything isn't always what it seems to be.
    Låt dom komma nu

Standard

I'm aware of everything you wrote and I didn't mean that the song is linked to the Lybian bombing of the discoteque itself (which I think I made clear in my post above). I don't think the lyrics are about modern day Sweden but rather out of the perspective of a Swede seeing what's happening in the world around him (including his homecountry but also the rest of the world which he gets to see through the news, internet and through how people behave around him. The now and the history are important in all this, as problems now also result out of events in history). Jocke is addressing international problems. From the own doormat to the other side of the planet. And how there's the double-moral always swinging with it, like for example not voting in the elections but voting for Eurovision Song Contest. The same lyrics could've been written for example by a German (only exceptions would be for example instead of cursing about the Finns, Nordic and Danish we would curse about Polish people, the "Ossis" (people from the ex GDR) and the "Wessis" (BRD people). When you read the last sentence don't get caught up in that I'm talking about that he sings about that cold war stuff etc, I'm just trying to show things from a different perspective with a metaphor kind of). History repeats since a long while (not only now since Ukraine crisis), people's behaviours and way of handling reality are always the same (otherwise same problems wouldn't repeat) and the bombing back then was just one of the examples/results (as other bombings like central stations anywhere in the world or whatever too). Argh, hard to explain what I'm trying to say.
    Jocke is a nerd and he often placed crazy links somewhere inbetween. I remember he did that with german history in some song before even though it seemed out of context and the average non-german probably wouldn't understand unless being someone who is well educated about special subjects like that.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Jocke just used the title of the discoteque bombing but actually with no accurate meaning, but that he came up with it while nerding around and being inspired and used it because it sounds pretty and overall it just fit to his lyrics sketch. That's what I meant.
    Phew, it's late, my brain is tired. So, sorry if I my string of thoughts might be puzzling, hah.
    Senast redigerat av sophiascalpel den 2014-03-28 klockan 00:14.

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av utomjording Visa inlägg
    That wasn't really what she suggested though, was it? And who knows if Jocke got some inspiration for the song from Berlin, I sure don't. Everything isn't always what it seems to be.
    Exactly! You got what I was trying to say.
    "And who knows if Jocke got some inspiration for the song from Berlin" ---- Exactly, I was wondering that. Jocke is so Oldschool-Berlin-ized. I have talked to Kent about my hometown once 7 years ago shortly before TTS came out actually. He is so fascinated by Berlin's history that he was really shy when he knew I come from here. They know more about my hometown than some people that live here since years even.

Laila Marie-Gigi Andersen

Standard

heh... things are very rarely what they seem to be

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    May 2012

Standard

I can't really comment on the lyrics, but I have tried to play the song. Breathing technique most definitely required to do it all in one go!

Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

Indeed it isn't. Anyone is free to interpret those great lyrics as they choose. For me, I don't see a connection nor a hidden link in a Swedish song with a French title and a terrorist incident in Berlin 30 years ago just because the first two words are identical and may show up on the same google search page. I hope that you respect my opinion as well.

Beyond that, I had not intended to start an argument

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Hello Sophia, welcome to the thread Again, who knows what those lyrics mean and if there's a (german) connection or not. It's still nice to hear what others interpret those lyrics to mean personally. Because unless we get to hear it from the horse's mouth (sorry Jocke, I'm not calling you a horse, it's just an expression in English!), then all we can do is guess and put our own personal stamp on any lyrics to a song.

I had another quick look for info about our Tigerdrottningen girl, Gloria, and here's a link to a forum with more pictures of her.
    She's very pretty: http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f52...-b-243869.html
    coloursatnight

Standard

I don't see a connection nor a hidden link in a Swedish song with a French title and a terrorist incident in Berlin 30 years ago just because the first two words are identical and may show up on the same google search page. I hope that you respect my opinion as well.

Beyond that, I had not intended to start an argument
    I think you still didn't really get what I was talking about. It's too much black and white thinking. Since TTS Kent went pretty much back to the "roots" to how they were inspired style/soundwise when they were young (except for most songs on the last record). Berlin Bowie, Depeche Mode, UK synth/wave /postpunk/whatever-movement and they/it was pretty much were inspired by Berlin history and art scene. You can see it everwhere in the art and music from that time. Berlin had such a big impact on artists back then that people like Bowie, Depeche Mode, U2, Nick Cave, Iggy Pop etc all came here and even lived here for some time and used my hometowns vibe as inspiration. That was the exact same reason why Kent came here and went to the Hansa Studios to make Röd. Now with the new single it seems like, soundvise/stylevise, they continue with the Röd & TTS-vibe. 70's and 80's Berlin has inspired them alot before so I wouldn't be surprised if it did again and by surprise for example when looking for a name, while _already_ having "La Belle" in mind, they stumbled via Google (like you say: "first two words are identical and may show up on the same google search page") over the incident 30 years ago and it convinced them even more to use it, without that the song itself has anything to do with the bomb attack. Has nothing to do with an argument. This forum is about exchanging thoughts and ideas, so don't throw that "argument" remark in it just because you don't agree on something. It's your freedom to not share my opinion but that doesn't mean I'm stupid and far off, because you can't prove it. Even if Jocke never knew about the incident I'm sure he would be glad to read what I told here and would be interested to research more on it, since he is pretty much in love with Berlin's atmosphere from that time.
    Senast redigerat av sophiascalpel den 2014-03-29 klockan 04:41.

Moderator utomjordings avatar
    Reg.datum
    Dec 2002

Standard

Indeed it isn't. Anyone is free to interpret those great lyrics as they choose. For me, I don't see a connection nor a hidden link in a Swedish song with a French title and a terrorist incident in Berlin 30 years ago just because the first two words are identical and may show up on the same google search page. I hope that you respect my opinion as well. Beyond that, I had not intended to start an argument
    I respect your opinion if you respect others. Saying that your opinion is the truth and that someone else is wrong is not respecting other people's opinions. As sophiascalpel said, this forum is about exchanging thoughts and ideas. And as we all know, there is not one but many replies to the question: What are Kent's lyrics about?
    Låt dom komma nu

Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av sophiascalpel Visa inlägg
    but that doesn't mean I'm stupid
    I don't think you are. Besides, I strongly agree with you that Jocke is fascinated by Berlin and the city's history.

Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av stjärnor Visa inlägg
    I had another quick look for info about our Tigerdrottningen girl, Gloria, and here's a link to a forum with more pictures of her.
    She's very pretty: http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f52...-b-243869.html
    Thank you for the link stjärnor. A very pretty & tattoo-free girl indeed.

Sidan 5 av 17 FörstaFörsta 123456789101112131415 ... SistaSista

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •