Sidan 31 av 32 FörstaFörsta ... 212223242526272829303132 SistaSista
Resultat 451 till 465 av 477

Ämne: Translations of the news on kent.nu

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Kent have been inducted into the Swedish Music Hall of Fame

Kentjunkie has already translated this news so I'll post his translation below.

"We feel very honored.
    We couldn’t even have dreamt about being inducted into Swedish Music Hall of Fame when we started the band almost exactly 26 years ago.
    We humbly bow to the jury and all the previous inductees.
    Most of all we want to thank all of you, who have listened to our albums, visited our shows and oddly enough cared about what we have had to say.
    You have made us relevant.
    The love you have showed us is invaluable and very hard to remunerate.
    The only thing we can do is to try writing and performing as good music as possible.
    Right now we are finalizing a new album with all the chaos and lack of time and panic it always brings, that’s why we couldn’t attend.

Thank you & sorry
    Kent"

The Swedish Music Hall of Fame announced it's first inductees in 2014, and is limited to artists whose recording careers began 20 years previously. There is an exhibition in the ABBA museum building on Djurgården in Stockholm. Kent were unable to attend the ceremony.
    coloursatnight

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Dec 2004

Standard

So how about a translation of the weird, sad, cold news?

Erfaren medlem Fast Forwards avatar
    Reg.datum
    Feb 2004

Standard

Kent ends – starts its finaly journey with Egoist

Today marks the start for the final year with Sweden's biggest rock band with the single Egoist. The band invites you to a spectacular year; with one final album, Då Som Nu För Alltid, one final tour and a Greatest Hits compilation. After 26 years together, and nearly two decades as the biggest rock band of Sweden, today Kent announces that 2016 will be their last year together. This was made public last night through a video directed by Adam Berg.

It will be a good-bye filled with new music that will be celebrated with the fans with an arena tour throughout the Nordic countries.

Kent says:

We have always tried to go our own ways.
    Thank you to all of you who cared about our music. Thank you to all those who came to our concerts, from the first stumbling chaos-gigs at the small clubs during the blurry 90's to the big stages.
    You've made it possible for us to continue.

We're endlessly grateful for your support, your patience and your love.
    To play in this band is the biggest, funniest and most challenging thing anyone of us 4 has ever done in our lives.
    It was always about challenges, goosebumps and to try to have as much fun as possible along the way.

This time we wanted to see what would happen if we would try and do this for the last time.
    What kind of feelings emerge?
    Because everything is about the feeling.
    We're very very happy with the feeling this time.

This isn't the end because we're bored with each other or because we don't have the will anymore.
    This is the end because all the best parties of yesterday and tomorrow has an ending in them.
    We very much look forward to meeting you all one last time at the tour this fall.
    It will be awesome!

Besides, everybody always thinks we're quitting with every new album.
    So we figured we'd go for it.

We're a family.
    For the family we do everything.
    The 4 of us will be Kent.

Then, now and forever.

This morning the first single, Egoist, from the band's coming 12th studio album, Då Som Nu För Alltid (RCA/Sony), was released, and will be Kent's final one. The work was initiated almost a year ago and the album was recorded in Electric Lady Studios in New York, over a few weeks in November and December 2015.

The album, Då Som Nu För Alltid, will be released May 20th.

To sum up their successful career Kent will finally release a Greatest Hits album in the fall, of course containing the bands greatest hits but also two completely new songs – the two final new Kent songs ever.

During fall 2016 Kent will say goodbye to the fans through one final big tour in the Nordic countries with concerts in Sweden from Kiruna in the north to Malmö in the south. This goodbye-tour is the largest arena tour the band has made for many years and premiers in Linköping September 23rd. The final Kent-concert ever will roar over a midwinter-Stockholm and Tele2 Arena the 17th of December.

Tickets will be released on Saturday, March 19th at 12pm via www.unitedstage.se.

The Goodbye-tour
    23/9 Linköping, Saab Arena
    30/9 Göteborg, Scandinavium
    5/10 Bodö (NO), Bodö Spektrum
    7/10 Kiruna, Arena Arctica
    8/10 Luleå, Coop Norrbotten Arena
    13/10 Örnsköldsvik, Fjällräven Center
    14/10 Östersund, Östersund Arena
    15/10 Trondheim (NO), Trondheim Spektrum
    21/10 Stavanger (NO), DnB Arena
    22/10 Oslo (NO), Oslo Spektrum
    28/10 Helsingfors (FI), Hartwall Arena
    29/10 Vasa (FI), Vasa Arena
    11/11 Malmö, Malmö Arena
    18/11 Örebro, Conventum Arena
    19/11 Gävle, Gavlerinken Arena
    25/11 Århus (DK), Ceres Arena
    26/11 Köpenhamn (DK), Forum
    2/12 Karlstad, Löfbergs Lila Arena
    3/12 Växjö, Vida Arena
    17/12 Stockholm, Tele2 Arena
    Senast redigerat av Fast Forward den 2016-03-15 klockan 13:19.
    Du log genom fräknarna
    med tårar i ögonen
    Allt fanns i ögonen
    Allt finns i ögonen

Erfaren medlem Fast Forwards avatar
    Reg.datum
    Feb 2004

Standard

That should be fairly accurate. Let me know if I missed anything!
    Du log genom fräknarna
    med tårar i ögonen
    Allt fanns i ögonen
    Allt finns i ögonen

Medlem MaddyJs avatar
    Reg.datum
    Jul 2007

Standard

Thanks a lot for your translation.
    I still can't find any closure or any good reason understood enough about them quitting.
    That's just a feeling it seems.
    ! Jag är en FF och jag älskar Kent !

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

I started translating the statement when I got back from my holiday (and I hadn't realised you'd done it already FF), but couldn't finish it. It was upsetting me too much. I do plan to go back to it at some point, even if it's only for my records, so I can have it here.

Anyway, I came in here to say that kent are releasing the Egoist as a 7" red vinyl. Not much else to add except that the release date is May 13th (1 week before the album) and the pre-order link is for CDON

This is the link for those wanting the site in English and payment in Euros too!
    Just a wee edit to add that the site has release date as 27th May, not 13th as stated on the kent homepage.
    coloursatnight

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av stjärnor Visa inlägg
    I started translating the statement when I got back from my holiday (and I hadn't realised you'd done it already FF), but couldn't finish it. It was upsetting me too much. I do plan to go back to it at some point, even if it's only for my records, so I can have it here.

Anyway, I came in here to say that kent are releasing the Egoist as a 7" red vinyl. Not much else to add except that the release date is May 13th (1 week before the album) and the pre-order link is for CDON

This is the link for those wanting the site in English and payment in Euros too!
    Just a wee edit to add that the site has release date as 27th May, not 13th as stated on the kent homepage.
    Just on a sidenote, it was not in the news, but it is also possible to order from Ginza which delivers to the whole EU instead of a few selected countries CDON.com delivers to (Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain and United Kingdom + Nordic countries on their respective site). Also on Bengans, which delivers worldwide, but they have suspended delivery to Central and South America and Mexico currently with all orders cancelled).

Here is the Ginza link: https://www.ginza.se/product/kent/egoist-rod-/339696/

Edit: It is possible now to pre-order on Bengans as well: http://www.bengans.se/Product.aspx?s...&section=music
    Senast redigerat av jazzpurist den 2016-04-12 klockan 08:46.

Medlem MaddyJs avatar
    Reg.datum
    Jul 2007

Standard

This vynil looks absolutely gorgeous!

Medlem JukkeBerrys avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av MaddyJ Visa inlägg
    This vynil looks absolutely gorgeous!
    Indeed, great decoration to hang up in your room while you listen to the mp3

Medlem MaddyJs avatar
    Reg.datum
    Jul 2007

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av JukkeBerry Visa inlägg
    Indeed, great decoration to hang up in your room while you listen to the mp3
    I would totally see the sleeve and vynil half taken out in a frame hung on the wall

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Då som nu för alltid- 20th May

The album artwork and tracklisting for Då som nu för alltid was revealed today.

då som nu för alltid-500x500.jpg

- Andromeda
    - Tennsoldater (Tin Soldiers)
    - Vi är för alltid (We are forever)
    - Den vänstra stranden (The left bank)
    - Nattpojken & Dagflickan with Anna Ternheim (The night boy & the day girl)
    - Vi är inte längre där (We are no longer there)
    - Förlåtelsen ( The forgiveness)
    - Skyll inte ifrån dig *need to confirm my translation of this phrase!
    - Gigi
    - Falska profeter (False prophets)
    - Den sista sången (The last song)

You might notice something is missing- Egoist.
    I love the black humour in the cover, says a lot about the band's personality!

Also, the last song being named The Last (ever) Song.
    Senast redigerat av stjärnor den 2016-04-17 klockan 21:56.
    coloursatnight

Standard

Skyll inte ifrån dig roughly means, "Don't put the blame elsewhere/on someone else/etc". Also, and this is a very minor thing, Förlåtelsen means The Forgiveness
    som flugorna på socker betyder ingenting

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Thanks Kobbe, still trying to find a good phrase for 'Skyll...' I knew it wasn't right, it was niggling me that it wasn't correct.
    coloursatnight

Standard

Well, skyll is basically blame (the verb, not the noun), and ifrån in this context means away, so to blame away from yourself, basically... Man, Swedish can be a bit tricky to explain sometimes ^^
    som flugorna på socker betyder ingenting

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Yeah, I'm currently having a very similar conversation with someone else as we try and sort out this phrase...
    It's like, I know what all the words are, and the sentiment of them (in English and Swedish!) but somehow there's not a good (obvious) English phrase for it.
    coloursatnight

Sidan 31 av 32 FörstaFörsta ... 212223242526272829303132 SistaSista

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •