Sidan 32 av 62 FörstaFörsta ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... SistaSista
Resultat 466 till 480 av 917

Ämne: Live

Standard

So I assume that cameras are allowed then? Fuck yeah!

Also, two days until the concert and I still have no accomodation. Guess it's time to start looking for hostels. Anyone know any hostels near the Sjöhistoriska?

(Kentforumet, my first source of information!)

Medlem tricksters avatar
    Reg.datum
    Jul 2004

Standard

Today is the day.
    To all you lucky ducks who are gonna be at the Stockholm show: have fun!

I am wondering if there is gonna be some special treat tonight but I assume it is going to be the same setlist as Jocke explained on a post here.
    I wish I could be there.
    ett perfekt substitut

Medlem JukkeBerrys avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

It's been a nice few days here in Stockholm. The European heatwave didn't make it to Scandinavia; I hope it doesn't rain (much) tonite. Kulturfestivalen was great. I really enjoyed free shows by Lapuma, Death By Unga Bunga (NO), Crash Nomada, Honningbarna and French Films (FI). Hearing a Finnish band address a Swedish audience in English was quite interesting. Guess they didn't learn Swedish in school. Although they are the next indie sensation, they're not big enough to talk in their mother tongue like Jocke when Kent play in Finland or Denmark.

Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard Nice except for the visuals...

Another prime location. Had to explain to the cab driver how to get there, what was going and who Kent are. "Are you a music journalist?" he asked after I corrected a Bob Marley reference he had made. Unfortunately not.

I postponed my cab ride after a "tropical rain storm" hit Stockholm shortly before 8 p.m. I felt sorry for all the early bird fans already there...

Once there, the usual Stockholm lines greeted me. Oh well. Good thing I didn't bring an umbrella (all were confiscated).

The volume seemed a little low, but got better.

What really sucked was the unprofessional video presentation. There were two screens on each side of the stage. However, the cameras could not zoom. Are we really in 2012? Kick the video guys out together with the t-shirt dude!

The music was great, as always. At least starting at Kjarlaken Vantar.

I wondered how I would make it back to my hotel and had an adventure doing so.

My online time is running out, so more later.

Oh yeah, there were fireworks and about 5 times more people than in Malmö.

Cheers

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Oct 2009

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av JukkeBerry Visa inlägg
    It's been a nice few days here in Stockholm. The European heatwave didn't make it to Scandinavia; I hope it doesn't rain (much) tonite. Kulturfestivalen was great. I really enjoyed free shows by Lapuma, Death By Unga Bunga (NO), Crash Nomada, Honningbarna and French Films (FI). Hearing a Finnish band address a Swedish audience in English was quite interesting. Guess they didn't learn Swedish in school. Although they are the next indie sensation, they're not big enough to talk in their mother tongue like Jocke when Kent play in Finland or Denmark.
    Most Finnish people don't really speak Swedish. They learn some Swedish at school, but not much. I'm Dutch and have learned some French at school, but I absolutely don't speak French, hardly any Dutch person really does. That Finnish people would speak Swedish is a common misconception. I know many Finnish people here, and most don't know Swedish. Those who do have a lovely accent though!

Hope to hear more about Sjöhistoriska of those who where there, and hope you all had a great time!

Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

I just thought there was more fluency seeing that street signs and all official building names are written in Finnish as well as Swedish. It's compulsory at school because it's an official language. However, I don't know how many years are mandatory. I just read that the Swedish minority in Finland is often interpreted as Swedish with a Finnish accent. Oh well, at least they have their own flag (yellow cross on red background).

Medlem sakermansers avatar
    Reg.datum
    Mar 2003

Standard

Hope everyone at the Stockholm show enjoyed "Cowboys"!! Shame they only played it during soundcheck in Oslo.

Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av sakermanser Visa inlägg
    Hope everyone at the Stockholm show enjoyed "Cowboys"!! Shame they only played it during soundcheck in Oslo.
    It was a very nice treat, "Elever" too!

Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard Stockholm Sjöhistoriska August 19th, 2012

Standard

Was watching a youtube vid and that live version of Cowboys sounds very nice, they should do a studio recording of it. I like the delicacy of the original but this one makes it a really great song.
    reddit.com/r/UKbands

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Posting on my mobile onboard norwegian again! What a great gig! But that rain, it was insane! Got very very wet & cold but it was worth it! Will post more when I get home and look at my photos too. Thanks kent
    coloursatnight

Nybörjare
    Reg.datum
    Dec 2011

Standard

Well that was just outstanding. Stockholm itsself was a wonderful trip, but the Kent show really was something else! A torrential downpour of rain half an hour before the show was unwelcome, but did little to dampen everyones spirits. And as soon as the sounds of Ögon kicked in, the whole place went wild. The sound was amazing, paticularly during the bit where it all kicks in on Sjukhus. And then the whole crowd got jumping to Jag ser dig, which is not my favourite song on record, but was teriffic live. Obviously the set was fairly predictable, but I particularly enjoyed the selection of Ruta 1, which is my favourite track off of JAIRFM. 747 was beautiful as always, a great way to close the main set.

And then it turned into something very special indeed. The first encore was great, 999 got everyone bouncing again and the always dependable Utan dina andetag/Det finns inga ord was a delight. But nothing had prepared me for the second encore. Elever! Cowboys! I could have died. I swear I just watched the whole thing with my jaw on the floor. It was such an amazing moment, the whole crowd singing along, it was something I'll always treasure and never forget. Afterwards Mannen almost didn't seem to matter, although it was a typically frantic and uplifting finale. Fireworks too, yay!

Walked away from the show with such a warm, happy feeling inside. Totally got lost on the way back to the hotel too! Probably too busy swooning over such an amazing show. Love you Kent! <3

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Long post warning... (well, I haven't been online for over a week!)

Just getting back online now, I was totally zombified last night after the really early start to get to the airport and then the flight, bus, & trains home. It still blows my mind that I could get online whilst on a plane (and for free, thanks Norwegain! ) but it was very slow to connect, and slow to load pages, but that might have been down to the number of people using it. Actually I was convinced my first 'in air' post didn't actually go through (and I'm sure I had written more than that) because it cut out as we hit 10,000ft and the decent for landing!

Anyway, onto the gig. Much debate with my friend about taking the ponchos, as it was a totally blue sky outside- we had a good view of the sky from the hotel room, and it was warm, so we decided not to bother. Well, that would come back and bite us in the behind!!! Sat on the hottest bus ever with a squillion other people and arrived at the site about 7pm. Got a nice spot on the grass which was slightly stepped down to the stage area, and sat down to wait.... and then the clouds came rolling in... and then the rain started. 'Tropical rain storm' is probably a very good description, unbelievably heavy rain that lasted a good while, and when you thought it couldn't get any heavier, it did and everyone squealed when it did! We got drenched in seconds, there was not a bit of me that wasn't wet, I've honestly had drier baths! sakermanser, I can now totally empathise with you, that 'cold & wet through for hours' feeling isn't a nice one!

I had to keep moving to keep warm (I was shivering the whole time), so the only thing to do was dance when kent came on! Yeah, that was me dancing like a looney near the back between the flagpoles We ended up standing at the top 'step' to the left of the stage, it was pretty far back, but we had a fairly good view of the stage. Just minutes before kent came on, Martin Roos walked up the hill and just passed me, it was like a mini 'wow' moment! My friend (who isn't a kent fan, and was my 'official photographer' for the evening!) got a video of ögon/ klåparen for me, abit shaky (because of the shivers!) but very nice all the same. A few songs into the concert, 2 big blokes came and stood right in front of me meaning I could neither see any of the stage or screen (a note to any big blokes out there, if you see a 'space' in a crowd and get there and there's a wee short person actually there instead, don't go and stand in front of them, your back is not transparent ) and eventually they moved, and someone in front had moved a little, and I had a near perfect view of the stage & right hand screen until the end of the concert- it was amazing, as I spend most concerts on tiptoes, trying to see between the heads in the crowd, and this was an almost uninterruped view all the way to the stage- just amazing!

It sounded great, Jocke's voice is just so impressive live (also commented on by my friend) yes there were one or two moments where maybe the wind carried the sound about, but I'd never complain about that. It was outdoors (the museum building behind us made for a natural ampitheatre) and it was a windy evening- it could only be expected. I didn't quite know what to do when elever/cowboys came on. My mind went totally blank and it took me a while to remember the words to the songs. Sjukhus was a favorite moment because it's one of my favorite songs from Röd. I didn't manage to catch all the between song chat from Jocke (there was some folk talking around me), but he did mention the rain as an 'effect' they had put on, and there was a story (I think!) about the how they were rushing for a title for a song before mixing it, and they only had 2 hours and took the name from a sample used in the record- 747!

It looked great, the lights/laser effect lights were great, and the big screens were an unexpected bonus. Jukke, I'd have to disagree about the video quality, from the back of the crowd it looked fine- maybe you were too close to the screens to get the full effect? The video seemed well shot to me, there would be close ups of the guitar playing, then fades/blurs to wider shots. I took a couple of photos of videos on the screens and I can see the hair on Jocke's arm in one!

I have some photos which I'll post soon (not amazing by any means, given how far back I was) and a few videos too (no idea how to compress them and get them online). I put the camera on to take a picture at the start of Utan Dina Andetag, and it was still set on video, so ended up with a really nice video of that instead! My friend took a video near the end of 747 and it's of all the arms in the crowd waving, and watching it tonight made the hairs on my arm stand up. The camera pans around further than I could see and the sight is just incredible! I read on here somewhere that one of the newspapers said there was 16500 people at the concert- it feels like you can see every one of those hands! (although probably not!). The fireworks were nice, and thanks for the heads up Trickster on that- I had my camera ready for some photos!

The walk back to the hotel was rather brisk (I didn't get lost, but I did get a good look at the beautiful lobbies of the apartments on Strandvägen!), to try to warm us up, and get back quicker so we could get out of our still wet clothes & shoes. A warm bath and a cup of tea at midnight finally got me feeling human again!

I'll leave you with one photo I have sorted already- it's of my nails. I'm a bit of a nail polish fan, and my friend helped me do these before we went to the gig, it says it all really...
    lovekentnails.jpg

thanks kent for an amazing night, I hope I can make it to another one in the future!
    Senast redigerat av stjärnor den 2012-08-22 klockan 22:29.
    coloursatnight

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Thanks for the photos Jukke. (could have sworn I hit reply with quote to your photo post) It seems it wasn't just my camera that went a little funny with the blue (& purple) lighting (as seen in your 4th photo). Does anyone else have any more photos of the Stockholm gig?

ps- I saw a couple of people sitting under umbrella's when the rain came on- security must've missed those ones.
    Oh, and kent, I had the nicest bag checker lady and the ticket scanner guy was so cheery and jolly welcoming us into the gig- top marks!
    Senast redigerat av stjärnor den 2012-08-22 klockan 22:38.
    coloursatnight

Sidan 32 av 62 FörstaFörsta ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... SistaSista

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •