Sidan 42 av 62 FörstaFörsta ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... SistaSista
Resultat 616 till 630 av 917

Ämne: Live

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    May 2012

Standard

Yep; I started wearing plugs back in 08 when I started gigging more regularly, both watching and playing. There are some gigs where the sound is better for various reasons even at high volumes. Really, the biggest offender (aside from massive db levels) is the distorted guitar and cymbals, which is why metal gigs are a must for plugs. I once forgot my plugs at an electronica gig and I found virtually no ringing afterwards. Given that kent mix guitars and keys quite a bit, this might reduce the chance of anything too crazy coming from the speakers in the first place.

Medlem DanielOlins avatar
    Reg.datum
    Apr 2012

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av stjärnor Visa inlägg
    I remember seeing some English guys outside the Långholmen gig selling earplugs, which was wierd as I'd never seen anyone selling earplugs outside a gig (tickets & fake t-shirts, yes) and the fact that these guys were english too.
    Haha, but that is extremely common in Sweden! At every single concert or music event you attend there are always dozens of people selling earplugs outside the venue! Classic!

And yes, most music venues have the 13 years age limit. It's because of the health recommendations from Socialstyrelsen (which is the environmental state agency that is mentioned in the lyrics of "Kevlarsjäl"). The 97 db limit is demanded when there are children present in the venue and since most bands/artist believe the live experience is wasted or useless at that sound level the venues have agreed upon the 13 years age limit instead.
    However, the venues don't always check the age of the kids, and since most kids don't have ID their parents can vow for their age. So a 12-year old might easily get in, if the kid looks old enough. I have seen dozens of small kids at loud concerts who got in despite the age limit. But since the venue has the right to refuse entry to kids they deem to young perhaps you shouldn't risk it.

Edit: For regular concerts (adult audience) I think the maximum db allowed is 115 with a mean value of 100. Otherwise you get a rather expensive fine, but a lot of foreign bands don't give a shit and some Swedish bands have made it their thing to always aim for that. For example one of Sweden's biggest alternative rockbands bob hund, where the singer always says to the audience: "Let's break the law together with our voices!"
    Senast redigerat av DanielOlin den 2014-03-20 klockan 15:05.

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Daniel, thanks for all the info. I also remember Jocke mentioning something about a large fine if they went over the dB limit at concerts.
    Re the kids thing, I have spotted a few 10-13 (looking, to my eyes at least) year old kids at the 2 kent concerts I was at. Some had passes, so I assumed they were guests of the band, others were with parents. Doesn't bother me, as long as they behave and enjoy the music like everyone else.

One thing I noticed here at a venue called the SECC here in Glasgow, most big concerts under 16s will be restricted to the seating area of the venue. That's probably more of a crush/safety issue rather than the sound levels.
    coloursatnight

Medlem tricksters avatar
    Reg.datum
    Jul 2004

Standard

There goes my hope for a July-August tour
    If I manage to attend a concert it will cost too much and it will have to be for a weekend.
    I am trying to see how I can make things work out :/

Nice job on finding these extra dates.
    ett perfekt substitut

Reg.datum
    Apr 2012

Standard

If the subject with the sound levels at Ullevi interests you, here is the latest news. It was ruled this week that the responsibility of the sound level lies with the organizers and not with the band/artist. The Supreme Court of Sweden decided not to accept the organizers try to appeal the earlier court sentence that was decided at the Environmental Court.
    Over the last couple of years AC/DC, Metallica, Roger Waters and Madonna have all played to loud at Ullevi according to the Environmental Agency which has led to large fines for the organizing company, fines on about half a million Swedish crowns for each concert.
    This means the organizing company will have a more eager interest in keeping the sound level low and they have already hired people to make sure the sound levels are okay at this summer's events, including #kentfest.
    This is mostly bric-a-brac I guess.
    Senast redigerat av DanielOlin den 2014-03-24 klockan 08:39.

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Oct 2011

Standard

Anybody got tickets? I got one for Trädgår'n

Reg.datum
    Apr 2012

Standard

Seems like they sold out in 30 seconds! Sick!

But I got my ticket. A lot of my friends didn't though.

Standard

I got ticket for Store Vega! and now i'm refreshing eventim page to find if i could purchase ticket for Trädgår'n..
    Ah how come it's sold out in mins!

Reg.datum
    Apr 2012

Standard

How come? Because for kent it's a very small venue (1500 people or something) and since they rarely play such small clubs I guess it gets very special. And since they are one of Sweden's biggest bands the tickets always gets sold out. Or maybe your question was just rhetorical, haha. Sorry.

Sadly also, there are evil companies in Sweden that buy a lot of tickets and then sell them for a much higher price. It's not against the law, but it fucking should be. I don't know how many tickets they got their dirty hands on this time though. Perhaps none, which is always good since they promise rare tickets in advance and when they don't get them they get a lot of bad press.

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Oct 2011

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av DanielOlin Visa inlägg
    How come? Because for kent it's a very small venue (1500 people or something) and since they rarely play such small clubs I guess it gets very special. And since they are one of Sweden's biggest bands the tickets always gets sold out. Or maybe your question was just rhetorical, haha. Sorry.

Sadly also, there are evil companies in Sweden that buy a lot of tickets and then sell them for a much higher price. It's not against the law, but it fucking should be. I don't know how many tickets they got their dirty hands on this time though. Perhaps none, which is always good since they promise rare tickets in advance and when they don't get them they get a lot of bad press.

This happens everywhere... Here in the UK the war againsts "touts" (this is how those people reselling tickets at higher prices are called) is on a daily basis... I feel sorry for all the fans that did not manage to get tickets... I was not putting much expectation but i am so happy I got one!!! It will be my 4th time (3rd time in Sweden )

Standard

yeah it's only rhetorial to show how frustrating i can't get one! so it means the only chance for me to get the ticket for Trädgår'n is to spend the awkward expensive money on tradera? or is there any possibility to look for one ticket with reasonable price here?

ah i really want to attend the Trädgår'n show... could someone help me...?

Reg.datum
    Apr 2012

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Corrado Cigna Visa inlägg
    This happens everywhere... Here in the UK the war againsts "touts" (this is how those people reselling tickets at higher prices are called) is on a daily basis... I feel sorry for all the fans that did not manage to get tickets...
    But it's illegal in Denmark, Norway and Belgium. There has been a proposition in the Swedish parliament to make it illegal in Sweden as well.

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    May 2012

Standard

What kind of timeframe are the Kentfest tickets likely to be alive for, knowledgeable people of kent.nu? Minutes, seconds, hours?

Reg.datum
    Apr 2012

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Corrado Cigna Visa inlägg
    I was not putting much expectation but i am so happy I got one!!! It will be my 4th time (3rd time in Sweden )
    Did you see them in Gothenburg in the summer of 2010 or 2012? Can't remember which summer it was (perhaps both) but there was a group of British kent-fans at my local pub the day before or after the concert at Trädgårdsföreningen. The pub is called Stage and is located on a sidestreet to the Avenue, quite near the amusement park. If it was you, or if it wasn't, you should come to Stage again this spring!

Reg.datum
    Apr 2012

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av .namnlös Visa inlägg
    What kind of timeframe are the Kentfest tickets likely to be alive for, knowledgeable people of kent.nu? Minutes, seconds, hours?
    Historically I would say one or two hours? But maybe a lot less! Less then one hour, I'd guess.

However, Spotify offers pre sale. We have already bought our tickets. Will post the link for you to try.

Sidan 42 av 62 FörstaFörsta ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... SistaSista

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •