Sidan 26 av 62 FörstaFörsta ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... SistaSista
Resultat 376 till 390 av 917

Ämne: Live

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av red may Visa inlägg
    Thanks everyone who translates things here.

Can anyone translate what he says before the song in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NKK9...feature=relmfu

It sounds interesting.
    I'm really sorry, but I can't understand very much on this one at all (which is a pity, because it sounds good!) I'm getting the odd word here and there, but there's too much laughter, cheering and well, Jocke's speaking too fast and mumbling a little bit too. (if he sung everything, I'd get much better results!) The little bits I can make out are this (and even then I'm not promising I have it correct!)...

tacksamt mycket ... har du en bra kväll?
    här i parken mycket ... gypsies (?) var ni där?
    det var helt magisk
    Stockholm (booing!) ....
    vi skulle säger nånting

Really thankful... are you having a good evening?
    here in the park many.... gypsies (?) were you there?
    It was really amazing
    Stcokholm (booing!)
    We should say something

Sorry, it's not really much and some of it doesn't make much sense either. I can get a few other words, but not enough to put them into any context. The Stockholm booing thing I think is because Stockholm and Gothenburg have the usual city rivalries. I can't make out if the park/gypsies thing is because kent played in a park there or if 'gypsies' is even what he is saying (but it sounds like it).

You need a proper swede for this one, I'm afraid!
    Thanks for the clip, the camera person has a lovely steady hand, it's a just pity the sound picks up/ clears at the end of the song as there's some distortion & crackles I can hear during the song. I wasn't going to watch any live stuff from the spring tour (to make the summer tour more of a surprise), but this clip just dragged me in when I heard the intro to utan dina andetag/det finns inga ord . Sigh, just lovely!

Edit- lost a bit of my post when I got logged out (this keeps happening to me, clearly I don't type fast enough for the forum!)...

Yeah, the camera person (is it you?) has a nice steady hand a good quality camera too. I'm curious (cough, nosey) to know what camera they are using.
    I recommend watching a few more of their videos, how about Den döda vinkeln from KB, Malmö?

Senast redigerat av stjärnor den 2012-06-18 klockan 19:17.
    coloursatnight

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av sakermanser Visa inlägg
    I've only been to King Tut's once and that was to see Martin Rossiter (http://youtu.be/-EixWHDjLGE -- he forgets the lyrics to his own song in this vid, lol), who used to be the lead singer of a Britpop band named Gene. Does anyone remember them? I loved (and still love) Gene! King Tut's is a fantastic venue, you "Weegies" are very lucky to have it in your fine city!

Glad to see that there are Travis fans still out there. I've seen Travis a bunch of times but never in a venue as tiny as King Tut's, so I'm very jealous. I did see Fran in a bunch of tiny venues in London when he toured his solo record though at Bush Hall (http://youtu.be/B4GC10eGJLQ), another time at The Garage (http://youtu.be/aSyT5jWlZhs) and finally Dingwalls (http://youtu.be/O7f3-87BdCk -- I love this song). "The Man Who" is still near the top of my list of favourite records, it's brilliant, but I think their more recent ones have been lacklustre. I absolutely loved "The Boy With No Name" though despite some reviews that have accused it of being formulaic. I thought it was a return to form, lol.

Sorry for hi-jacking the thread, BTW!
    Ahh, but this is a 'live' thread and since we're just a select few, I think we can talk about more than just kent in here. We are talking about live stuff/ venues afterall.

And I thought it was just those pesky folk in Edinburgh that called us (Glaswegians) 'Weegies'! As long as you don't go around calling our underground 'The Clockwork Orange' then you're ok with me! I don't know why they tell people that is it's 'nickname', no Glaswegian would ever call it that!

And now I'm the one offtopic....
    coloursatnight

Nybörjare
    Reg.datum
    Aug 2010

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av stjärnor Visa inlägg
    I'm really sorry, but I can't understand very much on this one at all (which is a pity, because it sounds good!) I'm getting the odd word here and there, but there's too much laughter, cheering and well, Jocke's speaking too fast and mumbling a little bit too. (if he sung everything, I'd get much better results!) The little bits I can make out are this (and even then I'm not promising I have it correct!)...

det var helt magisk
    Stockholm (booing!) ....
    vi skulle säger nånting

Really thankful... are you having a good evening?
    here in the park many.... gypsies (?) were you there?
    It was really amazing
    Stcokholm (booing!)
    We should say something

Sorry, it's not really much and some of it doesn't make much sense either. I can get a few other words, but not enough to put them into any context. The Stockholm booing thing I think is because Stockholm and Gothenburg have the usual city rivalries. I can't make out if the park/gypsies thing is because kent played in a park there or if 'gypsies' is even what he is saying (but it sounds like it).

You need a proper swede for this one, I'm afraid!
    Thanks for the clip, the camera person has a lovely steady hand, it's a just pity the sound picks up/ clears at the end of the song as there's some distortion & crackles I can hear during the song. I wasn't going to watch any live stuff from the spring tour (to make the summer tour more of a surprise), but this clip just dragged me in when I heard the intro to utan dina andetag/det finns inga ord . Sigh, just lovely!

Edit- lost a bit of my post when I got logged out (this keeps happening to me, clearly I don't type fast enough for the forum!)...

Yeah, the camera person (is it you?) has a nice steady hand a good quality camera too. I'm curious (cough, nosey) to know what camera they are using.
    I recommend watching a few more of their videos, how about Den döda vinkeln from KB, Malmö?

No problem that you couldn't get it all, thanks for trying anyway!
    The way he speaks is a bit harder to understand than most for an English speaker, definitely.
    The cameraman is not me, sorry. I saw the video of Den döda vinkeln as well, very nice - the amateur live videos are getting much better now that people have high definition cameras on their phones.

Also, about JB's posts on the forum (on the other thread but I can't be bothered to go there also :P). Yeah, they are sometimes sarcastic etc./whatever, but kent fans are very lucky that he even does it. By commenting, he risks showing a little bit of some of himself (!) rather than maintaining a silence, which is the easier option, but he is doing that so that we get info/opinions etc and so that he can have a say (considering he is pretty central to kent operations..) . Perhaps he seems a bit harsh sometimes, in translation, but you know I think it's pretty cool that he writes things to us anyway. I think you have to remember that the situation is like this:
    - he writes music
    - he doesn't force people to listen to the music
    - we choose to buy the music
    - we choose to log in here on a forum specifically for fans of the band
    - sooo, although everyone obviously has the right to 'free speech' and all that, why would you bother sniping at a band on their website? Surely the people on this website must think that kent are pretty amazing (?). What are the chances that you are going to like every second of music someone else produces? People just get bogged down in the whole thing - they love them so much that they begin to forget that fact.

I guess it's just human nature.
    And the internet.
    Which are somehow separate..

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Oct 2009

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av JukkeBerry Visa inlägg

Ok, so what did he say?
    "It's fantastic to be here. I don't think you know how much we appreciate that you came. It's magical. ????? (maybe 'men nu har det varit kort' = but now it has been short?) This is the last song." Is what I hear.

Edit: Now I hear "men underbart kort" which would mean "but wonderfully short". Also possible and it does sound more like he really says that, although I'm still not sure. Swedes, please help us out
    Senast redigerat av Reina den 2012-06-20 klockan 14:24.

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Oct 2009

Standard

det var helt magisk
    Stockholm (booing!) ....
    vi skulle säger nånting
    I think he says something like "Tack så hemskt mycket. Är ni okej.... har ni en... bra kväll? Vi ehhh, vad fan, vilket år var det, vi spelade väl här i parken. Det var typ sista gigget vi gjorde..... var ni där? Det var helt magiskt. Vi spelade i Stockholm i lördags. (booing, he laughs) Vi är från Eskilstuna, vi står lite utanför. (he mumbles something) Men eh, vi ska inte säga någonting. Folk på de främre raden börjar få lite luft här nu, tror jag. Det blir lite power, det är bra. Man ska alltid säga emot ???

I always think he's hard to understand, both when he speaks and when he sings. But this is how far I can understand it.

Transltion: "Thanks a lot. Are you ok, are you having a nice evening (not sure if that's really what he says)? We ehm, what the f*ck, which year was it, we played here in the park, it was like the last gig we did. Were you there? It was completely magical. We played in Stockholm on saturday (booing, he laughs). We're from Eskilstuna, we're kind of outside of this (the Göteborg-Stockholm rivalry). (mumbles) But ehm, we shouldn't say anything. I think the people on the first rows are starting to get some air now (because people move away because he said something about Stockholm, I think that's what he means). It's getting a little power, that's good. One should always speak up against ????"

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av koelkast Visa inlägg
    I think he says something like "Tack så hemskt mycket. Är ni okej.... har ni en... bra kväll? Vi ehhh, vad fan, vilket år var det, vi spelade väl här i parken. Det var typ sista gigget vi gjorde..... var ni där? Det var helt magiskt. Vi spelade i Stockholm i lördags. (booing, he laughs) Vi är från Eskilstuna, vi står lite utanför. (he mumbles something) Men eh, vi ska inte säga någonting. Folk på de främre raden börjar få lite luft här nu, tror jag. Det blir lite power, det är bra. Man ska alltid säga emot ???

I always think he's hard to understand, both when he speaks and when he sings. But this is how far I can understand it.

Transltion: "Thanks a lot. Are you ok, are you having a nice evening (not sure if that's really what he says)? We ehm, what the f*ck, which year was it, we played here in the park, it was like the last gig we did. Were you there? It was completely magical. We played in Stockholm on saturday (booing, he laughs). We're from Eskilstuna, we're kind of outside of this (the Göteborg-Stockholm rivalry). (mumbles) But ehm, we shouldn't say anything. I think the people on the first rows are starting to get some air now (because people move away because he said something about Stockholm, I think that's what he means). It's getting a little power, that's good. One should always speak up against ????"
    Wow, seriously I'm impressed. I got the word 'luft' (air) but couldn't get anything around it to get a context for it, and I'm going to have to listen again tonight with your transcript to try and work out what my brain heard as 'gypsies'! I doft my cap to you koelkast, seriously!
    coloursatnight

Nybörjare
    Reg.datum
    Jun 2010

Standard

...auktoriteter perhaps?
    and then
    "? i alla fall ifrågasätta, säg emot den fan (?).."
    22/07-10 Stockholm, Långholmsparken<3 -- 26/05-12 Stockholm, Cirkus<3 -- 24/08-13 Stockholm, Tele2 Arena<3
    08/05-14 Oslo, Centrum Scene<3 -- 09/05-14 Karlstad, Nöjesparken<3 -- 13/05-14 Köpenhamn, Vega<3

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Oct 2009

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Hagbard Visa inlägg
    ...auktoriteter perhaps?
    and then
    Thanks, now you wrote it down I suddenly don't understand why I couldn't figure that out myself See, together we can get this video to actually make sense!

Nybörjare
    Reg.datum
    Jun 2010

Standard

Thanks, now you wrote it down I suddenly don't understand why I couldn't figure that out myself See, together we can get this video to actually make sense!
    Hehe same here :P I was about to write down the whole thing, with a few gaps. Then I saw your post and now it seems soo clear 8D But I don't understand the other parts either that you couldn't figure out..
    22/07-10 Stockholm, Långholmsparken<3 -- 26/05-12 Stockholm, Cirkus<3 -- 24/08-13 Stockholm, Tele2 Arena<3
    08/05-14 Oslo, Centrum Scene<3 -- 09/05-14 Karlstad, Nöjesparken<3 -- 13/05-14 Köpenhamn, Vega<3

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

"It's fantastic to be here. I don't think you know how much we appreciate that you came. It's magical. ????? (maybe 'men nu har det varit kort' = but now it has been short?) This is the last song." Is what I hear.

Edit: Now I hear "men underbart kort" which would mean "but wonderfully short". Also possible and it does sound more like he really says that, although I'm still not sure. Swedes, please help us out
    It sounds like 'men underbart kort' to me. But why would it have been wonderfully short???
    coloursatnight

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Oct 2009

Standard

It sounds like 'men underbart kort' to me. But why would it have been wonderfully short???
    Exactly! Makes it even harder for us to understand if he just says confusing things, haha.

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Hagbard Visa inlägg
    ...auktoriteter perhaps?
    and then
    And suddenly it's so much easier to understand when your words are written there! I always was quite crap at the listening exercises in languages. My translation brain isn't quite working this evening, but I got as a far as...

One should always question authority.
    In any case doubt....

Edit- stupid forum logged me out mid post again... it's getting rather annoying!
    coloursatnight

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Exactly! Makes it even harder for us to understand if he just says confusing things, haha.
    Haha!

Dear Jocke

Please speak a little slower and clearer and say things that makes sense. That way us non-swedes will get a chance to understand what you're saying!

love
    stjärnor, koelkast & hagbard!

I do have to laugh, that one of the first phrases I was taught in Swedish (after all the hello, how do you do stuff) was 'Kan du tala en lite långsammare, tack?" which in itself is quite a mouthful!

Edit- that means 'Can you speak a little slower, thanks?" for those who don't know any swedish!
    coloursatnight

Moderator utomjordings avatar
    Reg.datum
    Dec 2002

Standard

I think I can help you out here. This is what Jocke says:
    "Det är fantastiskt att vara här. Jag tror inte ni förstår hur mycket vi uppskattar att ni kommer. Det är magiskt. Men underbart är kort. Det här är sista låten - 747."

Which translates to:
    "It's fantastic to be here. I don't think you realise how much we appreciate that you come. It's magic. But wonderful is short. This is the last song - 747."

Edit- stupid forum logged me out mid post again... it's getting rather annoying!
    To avoid being logged out all the time, go to the top menu, click on Quick Links/Open Contacts Popup. Having this popup open stops the forum from logging you out, for some reason.

"Underbart är kort" is sort of a saying in Sweden. It's originally from a song by Povel Ramel, you can listen to it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCgQKX0GZTY
    "Underbart är kort" means that a wonderful moment doesn't last for long, that it's gone after a short time.
    Låt dom komma nu

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Thank you utomjording, both for the pop up tip (I shall remember this one!) and the mini-swedish lesson!

At first the phrase 'wonderful is short' made no sense, but your explaination of it does!

I'd type more, but I have wet nail polish on one hand, so all this is one handed typing!
    coloursatnight

Sidan 26 av 62 FörstaFörsta ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... SistaSista

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •