Sidan 70 av 73 FörstaFörsta ... 206061626364656667686970717273 SistaSista
Resultat 1 036 till 1 050 av 1087

Ämne: We need a "how you doing today?" thread.

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Oct 2009

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Sorrow Visa inlägg
    I did take the test last year. Got a lot of books and old papers, if you like to have them (some of them costed a bit, some i got for free).
    You did? Nice, did it go well (if i may ask)? I took an online one and was surprised by the quite ok result, but am still interested in some study material. Actually, I'll just send you a pm about it

Besides that, I'm annoyed. VERY annoyed. There is noise here all day long, they are building some big thing next to my building and they are renovating the building I live in. Often the noise is so loud that I can't even make a phone call. They start really early, sometimes before 7 am! That's not even allowed in The Netherlands (I think), but here they just happily start drilling right outside our door at 6.30 And it has been like that for 8 months!

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av koelkast Visa inlägg
    You did? Nice, did it go well (if i may ask)? I took an online one and was surprised by the quite ok result, but am still interested in some study material. Actually, I'll just send you a pm about it

Besides that, I'm annoyed. VERY annoyed. There is noise here all day long, they are building some big thing next to my building and they are renovating the building I live in. Often the noise is so loud that I can't even make a phone call. They start really early, sometimes before 7 am! That's not even allowed in The Netherlands (I think), but here they just happily start drilling right outside our door at 6.30 And it has been like that for 8 months!
    I did splendid! Got 1.8 and is currently studying general medicine in Umeå..
    when I studied in Czech republic, they started drilling at 6 am outside my room every morning.. Now I'm happy; they doesn't start noisy work before 7-7.30 am in the area I bought my new apartement... The workers are actually swopping windows in my house, and the new windows will be more noise resistant (and leak less heat, dust and so on) than the old ones.. i'm really looking forward for that!
    Fuck, fuck, fuckety fuck. Bugger, fuck... ...and tits!

Medlem luckyguerin13s avatar
    Reg.datum
    Mar 2006

Standard

I hate Algebra. It is the bane of my existence.
    bygg något vackert som krossar allt

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av luckyguerin13 Visa inlägg
    I hate Algebra. It is the bane of my existence.
    The only profession that really need to know algebra is piracy.. Pirates must allways be able to find X...

Reg.datum
    Mar 2006

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Sorrow Visa inlägg
    The only profession that really need to know algebra is piracy.. Pirates must allways be able to find X...
    hahahahaahahahaa nice

Nybörjare
    Reg.datum
    Apr 2010

Standard

I'm great today! Tomorrow it's holiday here in Brazil, my day was great and later i'm gonna watch Lost.

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av luckyguerin13 Visa inlägg
    hahahahaahahahaa nice
    You're welcome. I had a final today. Anatomy, histology and physiology. I really hate my departement.

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Oct 2009

Standard

I'm incredibly, ultimately, completely, totally bored and sick of my study program. It's seriously just a bad program that shouldn't exist.

I just pray and hope that I will get to study in Swedish next year, because all English programs are just... complete wastes of time.

Sorry if there's anyone actually enjoying one of Malmö's English programs, no offense, this is just me nagging

Erfaren medlem bcqs avatar
    Reg.datum
    Nov 2005

Standard

I am tired and have little decision anxiety. Otherwise, it's actually quite good.
    NiIiIiIiIcCcCcEeEe!

Reg.datum
    Mar 2006

Standard

I'm FINALLY done with spring semester. Failed algebra. I have to take it again starting June 1st. Zzzzzzz

Standard

It is the Norwegian Constitution day today. Since I'm stuck in Sweden, I had to celebrate with red, white and blue ribbons in my ponytail, having ice cream for lunch and making a real constitution day dinner with norwegian salmon, cucumber salad, potatoes and sour cream sause.. Strawberries with vanilla whipped cream for dessert..

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

just digging up an old thread so that I don't go off-topic in the 'kent news thread'.

@firth: This is my first time doing jury duty, and it's at the high court, where the most serious cases are held in Scotland. I'm not allowed to discuss the details my case, but you'll probably be able to work out which type of case I'm a juror in. The case has lasted a few weeks, and tomorrow (or the following day) we must make a very important descision; to find someone guilty, or not guilty (or not proven, another option which Scottish law has). It has been an interesting process listening to a trial, and sometimes it's not been very pleasant to hear, or see the things that have happened.

The jury in Scotland consists of 15 people chosen at random from the community, 8 of us must reach a majority decision for a verdict to be passed in court.
    How does the court system work in Taiwan?
    coloursatnight

Standard

So it really sounds familiar with what I saw on TV! and somehow it reminds me of the movie "In the name of the father"

In Taiwan there is no jury to decide if someone is guilty but the judges (one lead judge and several other judges) who will come up with the decision and announce the trial according to the evidence and the law. And that's why there are 3 levels of courts, local court, high court and supreme court and the trial will be continued with further process if it is not accepted. There is cons and pros within this kind of system but mostly cons to me since the law book is too old and not useful for the society nowadays.

Still it must be unforgettable experience though! It is just a big decision to decide if someone is guilty or not...!

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Thanks for the explaination of the Taiwanese court system, I do think the jury system is a fair way of reaching the verdict, but each country has their own (historical) way of processing the law.

We reached a majority verdict of 'not guilty', there was a major issue that caused us to come to this verdict, otherwise it might have been different.

All very cryptic, I know, sorry!
    coloursatnight

Medlem ericthirdrows avatar
    Reg.datum
    Feb 2004

Standard

I was selected for Federal court jury duty here a few weeks back... went through the whole process but in the end I wasn't selected. I was a little disappointed, I wanted to see the whole thing through from beginning to end.
    "Love is watching someone die.
    So who's going to watch you die?"

Sidan 70 av 73 FörstaFörsta ... 206061626364656667686970717273 SistaSista

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •