Sidan 71 av 73 FörstaFörsta ... 2161626364656667686970717273 SistaSista
Resultat 1 051 till 1 065 av 1087

Ämne: We need a "how you doing today?" thread.

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

To be honest, I was dreading the whole experience (the fact that it was the high court meant it was a very serious case), but after a while, I got used to it. It was quite theatrical at times, listening to the 2 laywers question the witnesses.... "Sir, have you heard of a lie detector? Well there's 15 of them sitting over there, don't waste their time telling us rubbish!" the lawyer boomed at one point! We have had a laugh about that one back in the jury room!

The worst part was returning to the court to give the verdict, as we knew whatever we decided, there would be one half of the court unhappy with the result.

Thankfully, it has to be at least 5 years before I can sit on a jury again.

There's a perjury trial been running for 11 weeks at the high court, I'm very, very glad I never had to sit on that jury! You can read more here, if you like...I think it's the longest trial in Scotland!
    coloursatnight

Medlem ericthirdrows avatar
    Reg.datum
    Feb 2004

Standard

Damn, 11 years is insane. The one I missed out on being selected for was supposed to run only 1 or 2 days!
    "Love is watching someone die.
    So who's going to watch you die?"

Erfaren medlem m@rcos avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

Feeling good, had a great holiday, still one week to go at home. How are you all doing?
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av snö Visa inlägg
    vilken rolig spoiler du har! jag tycker om sån't som får mitt nyfikna jag att skratta.

Standard

I am doing ok... in 40 minutes I will be finished till Monday... off to London after work and go and see PULP tomorrow night at the Brixton Academy... can.not.wait

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Well, that's the Christmas tree up. Phew!
    It amazes me that it takes so long to put up (and the fairy lights even behaved themselves this year and were tangle-free) but it only takes 10 minutes to take it all down again.

It would be interesting to hear when everyone else does their tree.
    The tradition here was usually 12 days before christmas, but now some people put theirs up at the start of december (and there's a few trees you'll see even in November ).
    coloursatnight

Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

Our tree is in the garage, will show up in the house very soon. At my parents, long time ago, tradition was at Christmas eve (my grandmother was born in Cologne), we have don't have a fixed date.

O, and to stay on topic, i'm doing fine. Yesterday there was a Christmas market at my work, tomorrow will be the day for Christmas dinner.
    vilken rolig spoiler du har! jag tycker om sån't som får mitt nyfikna jag att skratta.

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Your work christmas dinner? Our is on the 22nd, then I'm off work until sometime at the start of January (us Scots get an extra day's holiday at New Year, cos we like to celebrate a bit too much!!!)

Since we're on the 'international christmas theme'- what date do you celebrate christmas? (opening the presents, the special dinner, etc)
    Here in the UK, it's the 25th for everything. Some people will go to a Christmas midnight service in church on the evening of the 24th.
    coloursatnight

Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

I work with elderly people in a home, we do a extra Christmas dinner, to close to Christmas doesn't work (they get a good dinner on both the 25th and 26nd of december to). I have to organise it. Last year we had 72 people, this year 96! The chef that's cooking has called in the troops, so there will be 2 chefs tomorrow.

I celebrate Christmas on the evening of the 24th, with a nice meal and presents. We usually eat swedish meatballs with red cabbage and mashed potatoes . My second son even says he was born in Sweden . The 25th will be for my father and sister or my wife's family, and the 26th we will spent with friends.

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Arghhh 96 people for dinner! I'm sure it'll be a good day for all, (maybe not the chefs, though!) the old folk usually have a good party spirit!
    I'm sure a wee sherry or 2 will be drunk as well! (at least, that what all the old folk here like!)

We have the traditional turkey, carrots, parsnips, roasted potatoes, little sausages wrapped in bacon (also called 'pigs in blankets') with cranberry & bread sauces.
    coloursatnight

Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

The old folks drink jägermeister and jenever over here, the first is a very strong drink with herbs, the latter Dutch whisky.

Medlem luckyguerin13s avatar
    Reg.datum
    Mar 2006

Standard

Doing good. Finished with school. Working. Tired though. Ready for the new year!
    bygg något vackert som krossar allt

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av m@rco Visa inlägg
    The old folks drink jägermeister and jenever over here, the first is a very strong drink with herbs, the latter Dutch whisky.
    I haven't heard of either of those, but I don't drink anyway! Jägermeister sounds erm, interesting! Hope the dinner goes well today.

Citat Ursprungligen postat av luckyguerin13 Visa inlägg
    Doing good. Finished with school. Working. Tired though. Ready for the new year!
    Well done on finishing school (or college as we would call it!) and congrats on the job, too.
    coloursatnight

Reg.datum
    Mar 2006

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av stjärnor Visa inlägg
    Well done on finishing school (or college as we would call it!) and congrats on the job, too.
    Thanks. So glad to be done! Thanks again. I am not even using my degree really... but it's a good job. I am happy.

Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av luckyguerin13 Visa inlägg
    Congratulations.

Reg.datum
    Mar 2006

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av m@rco Visa inlägg
    Congratulations.
    Thanks!

Sidan 71 av 73 FörstaFörsta ... 2161626364656667686970717273 SistaSista

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar